CS:Source

JCPimp139
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

CS:Source

Post by JCPimp139 »

ok.. i dont mean to sound DUMB... but ive never play CS:Source, and he said that if i was going to buy a server> i should get a souce server.... when i looked at buying one> it didnt give me the option of getting adminmod. amxmod, statsme, or HLGurad> like the CS did... is this because its included alread? or because they use something else... :) i dont know anything about cs:source.. can i get some info, plz :D
JC
JCPimp139
New to forums
New to forums

Post by JCPimp139 »

he> ^ is my friend> who told me i should get a cs:source server :) my bad...
JC
Vampire Hunter X
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Vampire Hunter X »

There are 2 admin plugins you have to install yourself.Either Mani-admin-plugin or beetlesmod.They probably have bugs to lag the server or something like that.
bOoya
Former staff
Former staff

Post by bOoya »

Adminmod, Amxmodx, StatsMe, HLGuard, etc. DO NOT work for CS:Source. Like Vampire Hunter said, you would need to choose a different mod. There are basically 2 that people use, one being Beetlesmod and the other being Mani's mod. I personally prefer Mani's mod, since it seems to be the one people have the least problems with.
JCPimp139
New to forums
New to forums

Post by JCPimp139 »

o ok.. so i would have to download them myself? that sux> are source servers better then cs? or should i go with cs???
JC
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

That depends, do you actually own the game Counter-Strike: Source (if you purchased Half-Life 2 then the answer to this is yes)

If you've never played the game before I suggest you play it before going to rent a server.
JCPimp139
New to forums
New to forums

Post by JCPimp139 »

lol yea> im buying it tomorrow
is cs:source better?
JC
bOoya
Former staff
Former staff

Post by bOoya »

Some would say yes and some would say no. You should really test it out for yourself, like the Mongoose said.