Map Loading Errors

kitten
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Map Loading Errors

Post by kitten »

Do you know how to resolve these issues for the following maps:
de_snowfacility_pre wrote:16:28:10 FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Host_Error: PF_precache_model_I: Model 'models/woodgibs.mdl' failed to precache because the item count is over the 512 limit.Reduce the number of brush models and/or regular models in the map to correct this.
es_losangeles map wrote:11:59:47 FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Host_Error: PF_precache_model_I: Model 'models/ceilinggibs.mdl' failed to precache because the item count is over the 512 limit.Reduce the number of brush models and/or regular models in the map to correct this.
De_snowfacility_pre worked fine on the server when I first added it but now it locks up the server. It is a good map and I would like to play it! :D

Does anyone know how to fix this problem or what the cause is?

Thanks,
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Sometimes this error is caused by a plugin that is adding additional items to the map when it loads. Beyond that, it's hard to say what might be causing it. Does this happen every time, even on an empty server?
kitten
A regular
A regular

Post by kitten »

Edge100x wrote:Sometimes this error is caused by a plugin that is adding additional items to the map when it loads. Beyond that, it's hard to say what might be causing it. Does this happen every time, even on an empty server?
Yup! :evil:

I am not sure it could be plugin related because I first played snowfacility on a server that has a large amount of plugins. I just have the your standard plugins plus Rockthevote, ATAC, and PTB. Nothing too crazy. Like I said, the server that I first played the map on, has a lot more plugins than I do our my server.

I really wanted to try es_losangeles and I have played de_snowfacility_pre on our server but now I can't. All I really did was add a large amount of maps on the server. Then the next time I tried to played it, the server crashed. :x
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I'd recommend that you try it without plugins just to be sure. Other than that, I'm not sure what to try. This is a limitation imposed by the game engine and not by our systems, and there's no way to raise the limit that I know of.