SteamBans

FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

SteamBans

Post by FlyingMongoose »

After reading through the SteamBans documentation I noticed something and was wondering if this was possible, or already done.

[quote=Steamban Docs]Firewall settings
Communication from the plugin to SteamBans works in 2 ways.
You should allow the plugin to connect to pluginserver.steambans.com:1809 (TCP)
And allow communication to plugin.steambans.com:80 (TCP)
Be warned: The IPs this DNS entry points to are NOT static, so firewalling could cause the plugin to malfunction.
Admins running this plugin should also allow all communication to the localhost (127.0.0.1) IP for better security.[/quote]

Or is running this plugin frowned upon.

Also, looking over another one called AutoBans I've noticed something, and that's that some of their functionality may cause more power to be taken by the server, that one is available at http://www.thezproject.org

SteamBans is universal across all valve titles within the steam database that are HL1 or HL2.
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

You can run steambans with no problems on our servers. We have several clients that already use it, both the hlguard version (HL1) and the standalone metamod plugin (HL1&2). I recommend the standalone plugin since its always the latest version available.

Autobans is another plugin thats fine to run on your server. If you are having some lag issues, I would recommend disabling or lowering the ab_max_visibility_updates value. You probably have read up on that on their forums so you should know what to do :)
-Nick
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

Okay thanks you :) always the best support. Have you heard of issues running them side by side?
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

Other than the basic

"More plugins you run more power you take up more potential lag you create"

I know that one quite well ;).
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

I haven't personally tried them both together, but I doubt they would have some issues/conflicts since they do opposite things. If theres an issue, its probably a plugin alone.
-Nick