Can you get additional webspace?

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
kitten
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Can you get additional webspace?

Post by kitten »

I am curious. I have a custom map server and we like to constantly check out new maps to keep the game fresh. Maps can generally use a lot of the same models so when you delete maps, you don't always delete the additional files. Over time it adds up and since we have all maps on Fast D/L, we are running close to our 2000MB limit.

Is additional webspace available?

Is so, how much is it?

How can I get it?

Thank you for your time!
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

We do not sell additional webspace. I would clean out any maps you definately know you will not play again. Any other large files, especially those greater than 40 MB should be removed as well as they are against the TOS.
-Nick
kitten
A regular
A regular

Post by kitten »

They are all map related files.

I don't host anything major and there are no 40MB files on the webspace.

Guess I may need an alternate storage somewhere else. Thank you for your time.
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

kitten wrote:They are all map related files.

Keep in mind that you can't go over the 2 GB limit on the gameserver as explained here in the TOS. I bet there are some unused maps that could be deleted.
-Nick
Tassadarmaster
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Tassadarmaster »

WOW, 2GB, that's a lot, i doubt anybody could have their maps folder filled up with 2GB of maps.
kitten
A regular
A regular

Post by kitten »

Nick|NFo wrote:

Keep in mind that you can't go over the 2 GB limit on the gameserver as explained here in the TOS. I bet there are some unused maps that could be deleted.
Ya, I am deleting some and putting them aside so if I want to add them again I can easily do so.

My concern is fast download space. Not server space but thank you for the info. :)

Tassadarmaster wrote:WOW, 2GB, that's a lot, i doubt anybody could have their maps folder filled up with 2GB of maps.
It is not hard when you have 200-300 maps. 90% get played too. Everyone has a favorite so it is hard to decided what to remove.

Most of our community is tired of the standard maps so we play a large variety of customs to keep the game fresh. Obviously we don't play them all every night but we do have phases where we play a series of maps and the next night we play a different series of maps. Having everything on fast download is a great feature and new people can join anytime without having to worry about 7-10 minute downloads. Most all our maps d/l in less than 60 seconds.
kitten
A regular
A regular

Post by kitten »

Nick|NFo wrote:

Sorry for the double post but I can't edit my previous post.

What about the maps preloaded on the server. I can only add them to the mapstoban.ini so they don't get played. I can't delete them. So are they included in the server storage or are they considered separate?
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

Maps preloaded by us, default and popular custom maps, are not included in the 2 GB allotment. If you upload those popular custom maps to the download directories on the webspace, then it would be counted towards the 2 GB limit there.
-Nick
kitten
A regular
A regular

Post by kitten »

Nick|NFo wrote:Maps preloaded by us, default and popular custom maps, are not included in the 2 GB allotment. If you upload those popular custom maps to the download directories on the webspace, then it would be counted towards the 2 GB limit there.
Gotcha! Thank you.