Custom Server

yester64
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Custom Server

Post by yester64 »

hi, fellow server admins,

i want to run a custom cs:s server and i wonder what you guys think about the map i chosen.
Do you think thats a good selection? My favorite maps are fy_hangemhigh, de_icewerk, glass_war & paintball.
So far, not a lot of people join. So i suppose thats not a good selection. Any ideas?

aim_ag_texture2_modified_v2
awp_india_v2
breakfloor
cs_deadhouse
aim_ag_texture_city_2
de_desert_atrocity_v3
de_dolls
de_kismayo
aim_ag_texture_city_advanced
fy_area_762a
fy_hangemhigh
de_icewerk
fy_highrise
fy_poolparty_v2
fy_super_mario
cs_office
glass_war
aim_map
de_train
fy_warehouse_aks
fy_wintry
de_dust2
paintball
scoutzknivez
trs_aim_churches
glasstrap_final
cs_italy
de_chateau
mattman998
New to forums
New to forums

Post by mattman998 »

I just started my server a few days ago, and I found that keeping the map cycle to maybe 5 or 6 maps will help. If there are 5 or 6 POPULAR maps that you enjoy, people will come to the server and perhaps become regulars. Once you have some regulars you can start throwing the more obscure maps at them.

Another thing that has helped my server is using FakeFull. It's an Amxx plugin that makes it look like your server has people in it when it doesnt. More people will join and eventually you will have a nice group of people that really EXIST! I don't know if anything similar is available for CS:S, so I probably shouldn't even have mentioned it :( If something IS available, it might be worth a shot.

-Matt
Sushi
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Sushi »

I don't believe custom maps will draw you any members.

I have around 350 members in my community and we have more visitors when 3 maps are played...

Dust2
Office
Italy

We have many custom maps on our server and we enjoy playing them, but visitors don't like the downloads. They also don't like custom maps. In our forums, they explain why...

"We don't want to play on a new map we don't know, it's no fun to die round after round on a map that you are trying to learn"

Look at the servers that run 7/24 office or italy. They are almost always full 7/24!!

There is a reason for that!!

Sitck with standard maps and introduce the customs to your player base over time. Some of our custom maps actually brings people back once they get to know it.

Sushi!