SRCTV Rental

Tastegud
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

SRCTV Rental

Post by Tastegud »

Hey I was looking around for an srctv rental and I came and stopped by here.

The strange thing is, that I'm from Australian and I would obviously get 150+ pings from there. But then again, I am not looking for a gaming server, but a SRCTV server. Australia really doesnt offer srctv, and when it does, its bloody expensive. I have no idea why people flame about ur prices. For 12slots with the server company I am with now, I can get a 20slot CSS server here.
Anyways, I was wondering if it is possible just to order a srctv server to join my css server? The company I am with doesn't allow it. And I was looking, and there was only the two choices of 100slots and 200slots or something. How much would it cost for 30slots?

Yeah thanks for answering beforehand :)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: SRCTV Rental

Post by Edge100x »

Does your current company allow a relay to be run at all on your server? A SourceTV relay must be running on the game server for an external one to connect, even if it only has one slot available.

Our smallest configuration right now is a 100 slot, since we don't have much call for smaller ones than that. I can change that if you need me to so that you can order something smaller (it'd probably have to be a 50, since any product less than $4-5 is impractical for us to offer).
Tastegud
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Tastegud »

ah ok.
Yeah I've been getting booked HLTVs to come in and I will check if a booked SourceTV can come in? Would that be your answer? If the sourcetv comes in, does that mean that your one can too?

And BTW, what are the things you can do with your srctv rental?
Because I know that some srctv rentals don't let you chat or commentate but only watch.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Tastegud wrote:ah ok.
Yeah I've been getting booked HLTVs to come in and I will check if a booked SourceTV can come in? Would that be your answer? If the sourcetv comes in, does that mean that your one can too?
If any other SourceTV can connect, ours should be able to as well, yes.
And BTW, what are the things you can do with your srctv rental?
Because I know that some srctv rentals don't let you chat or commentate but only watch.
With a SourceTV, you can communicate with other spectators but not with the players in the game itself. Primarily external SourceTVs are used by clans that want to broadcast their matches to large groups of people at once. If just demo recording is needed, or just a couple of spectators need to connect, the SourceTV integrated into the game server works well enough that an external SourceTV is typically not needed.
Tastegud
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Tastegud »

oh No I asked what you guys offer with your srctv

Because some srctv's don't let anyone talk but only watch because it takes their bandwidth and stuff liek that. No commentating and such.

I assume that you guys allow chat between spectators. So I will most probably come order this soon :)
I'll get back to you. Thanks for fast replies.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, we don't have any limits like that on our SourceTVs.