wanna get a ded box

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
redwire
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

wanna get a ded box

Post by redwire »

hey guys i ve been runin servers for over 2 years now and i wanna take it to the next step ... operatin a ded box but i dunno where to start wat to do can any1 help tell me what do u get in a ded box when u receive it what u need to do ect ...
i wanna run 5 cs 1.6 and cscz plus hosting our webspace for forum and psychostats i was goin with the basic pakage when the ded box is delivered will it come games preinstalled and my sql datatbase and all nescessary tools or do i have to get it on my own

thanks for helpin :mrgreen:
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: wanna get a ded box

Post by Edge100x »

Dedicated servers come with basic game installations (Source, HLDS, CoD4, CoD:WW), and you can use these as you set up the machine, but beyond that it would be all you. Because our servers (and just about all dedicated servers out there) are unmanaged, we essentially hand the machine off and let the renter handle the rest: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3810

Unless you are going to be selling space, instead of using the dedicated server for webhosting, I'd recommend buying a very small and cheap game server here and using its free webspace for your needs. This is an especially good idea if you plan to host map downloads or if you have an established site here already.
redwire
New to forums
New to forums

Post by redwire »

yeah i own 2 servers with u guys atm one 32 cscz pub and a 4 priv for testin purpose and that was one of my option to keep the 4 priv slots to host the forum and the fastdownload but its the psychostats im more concern since it wont come with the ded box dats why im askin about the sql thing and i will only host cs 1.6 and cscz on it
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

You could also use our hosting for the stats, if you didn't mind combining the servers together. PS3 allows you to draw logs from any number of servers, so you could use the installation from one server our system for all the servers.

If you do want to run stats on your dedi, the PS installation guide will walk you through the whole thing. It recommends using the WAMP installer, and I'd generally agree. http://www.psychostats.com/doc/PsychoSt ... Web_Server
redwire
New to forums
New to forums

Post by redwire »

you mean the stats page can hold on all of the servers from the ded box? man if so dat will save me alots of troubles :mrgreen:
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It should, but they will all be combined. I'd recommend that you experiment a little with your existing servers -- it's done through the PS3 administration tool.
redwire
New to forums
New to forums

Post by redwire »

shouldnt be a problem since its all the same mod cs1.6 and cscz thanks for the suport the ded box is on the way just ordered it yesterday :mrgreen: