Different FPS Servers

Ph34r
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Different FPS Servers

Post by Ph34r »

Hello. I was just wondering. But can the different FPS settings like 10,000, 2000/4000 FPS make the actual Registration go bad because it is being hard on the server hardware?
Ph34r the R34per
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Different FPS Servers

Post by Edge100x »

If a high FPS causes high enough CPU usage that the server FPS dips severely, that could cause the sensation of poor in-game performance, but I haven't ever seen this problem on any of our ultraaccelerated servers.

If you are seeing the FPS in the "rcon stats" output dipping, please contact us immediately. If you have any other performance concerns in general, please contact us as well. We are very keen on maintaining our position as the performance leader in this industry.
Ph34r
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Ph34r »

Well, After I read your post. I went to my Control panel and into my Rcon Tool, and I just kept typing stats every second. When that happend It keeps jumping from 9900 to 10,000 every second. I'm not sure if that is a problem but, When ever I scrim, The opponents complain the registry is bad..I say it isn't but is it really bad?
Ph34r the R34per
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If it's between 9900 and 10000, that's perfect, and server performance does not appear to be not the shortcoming here. Some other things it could be:

- Their personal machines might not be able to handle the performance of the server and their client-side FPS is dipping. We see this frequently as people push their old computers harder and harder.

- There is a routing problem between their ISP and InterNAP, or vice versa. In this case, we might be able to improve it -- I'd have to see the trace to the server and know their IP address to check that. It is also possible that the ping is lower here than they are used to, which could throw them off.

- Server plugins could be causing strange issues, if you are running any.

- They might need to adjust their rate settings, or the server's rate settings might need to be adjusted. If they are seeing choke or packet loss, this is especially true.

- They could just be playing badly.

I talk a little more about these topics here: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =25&t=3930