How to increase Shot Registry?

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
JayArea
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

How to increase Shot Registry?

Post by JayArea »

Is there anything I can do to my server that I can make sure Shot Registry is at its highest possible? This goes for game servers and dedicated servers since I have both hosted from here and I would like to know what I can do to keep reg working correctly.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: How to increase Shot Registry?

Post by Edge100x »

When standing still, all servers behave identically. However, how shots "register" when either the attacker or defender is moving comes down to the game's netcode and how it deals with server and client FPS dips, latency problems, and rate settings.

Of those, you have some control over server FPS and rate settings. I recommend using a high sv_minrate (to eliminate choke) and carefully monitoring your server console's "stats" to ensure that it stays high. If the server-side FPS dips to low numbers frequently, you may need to run fewer servers, fewer plugins, or upgrade your plan (if you don't think any of these apply, let me know); if it just stays low all the time, you probably need to raise fps_max/sys_ticrate or run some form of "ping booster".

I talk more about this here: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =25&t=3930.
JayArea
New to forums
New to forums

Post by JayArea »

These are the current settings in the server.cfg

sv_maxupdaterate 120
sv_maxrate 0
sv_minrate 30000

Are these alright for a 100 tick 500 fps server? (btw this is for my standalone game server, and its not on my dedicated box.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, those are good rate settings for pretty much any server.