IP Conflict

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
MicroViper
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

IP Conflict

Post by MicroViper »

Minor issue. Just attempted to access a brand new VPS server. RDC would not connect. Took a look at TightViewer and I see that there is an IP conflict. Can you take a look and let me know how you would like me to proceed. If you have a different IP for me I'll be happy to plug it in.

MV
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: IP Conflict

Post by Edge100x »

Please email me ASAP at support@nfoservers.com so I can look into this for you. This would mean a glitch in the installation process, so it's something we can support directly there.
MicroViper
New to forums
New to forums

Post by MicroViper »

I spoke with a tech via live support. He was in touch with one of the techs at the data center. They must have worked things out as I checked the server shortly after and it was up and running. Minor glitch somewhere in the install / IP's but they sorted it out.

The only odd thing is that now the two ip's are not consecutive (148.225 and 148.227). Not that I care, but maybe that's where the mixup was.

Either way, quick support. All appears to be well now.

MV
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I think it had something to do with another server that I was creating manually at the same time -- when both were temporarily up at a different IP during the install process, I believe that led to the error (which was actually harmless). If so, this should not happen again.

Our automatic system just selects the next two IPs that are available, wherever they may be. If you'd like, I can take a look at our other free IPs and try to get you two that are consecutive.