CPU Usage

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Smoke it Up!
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

CPU Usage

Post by Smoke it Up! »

Anyone know of any good programs to check CPU and Ram usage remotely? I hate logging into my VDS via remote desktop as it seems to bog it down when the servers are full. I was just looking for a simple app that would give me the CPU and Ram info. If possible, the processes running and CPU usage of those would be ideal, but not a necessity. I tried looking for something built into windows and didn't find anything.

Oh, and if it's a 3rd party app, preferably free. :)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: CPU Usage

Post by Edge100x »

The Windows Performance Monitor can be used to set up counter logs that write performance data to disk at a predetermined interval, and you could remotely download these logs and process them, either by a script or by looking at them manually in Excel.

I'm not familiar with such a script, but it seems like something that would be fairly trivial to write (it would be less than 50 lines, to just download via FTP and pretty-print the data).