Anyone else have listing problems?

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
sungersoo
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Anyone else have listing problems?

Post by sungersoo »

hlds.exe -console -game cstrike -pingboost 2 -port 27015 -autoupdate +secure +sport 27014 +ip 66.150.214.118 +maxplayers 32

"Connection to Steam servers successful.
VAC secure mode is activated."

Thats what its at ATM.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Try removing +secure +sport 27014, as you don't need them and they might cause problems. I recommend using the command line we provide in the guide.
sungersoo
A regular
A regular

Post by sungersoo »

WackyIraqi wrote:i have had a problem like this aswell. make sure you set your ip in your command line, as well as port. if it doesnt say at the end the something about being VAC enabled, your server wont show
What IPs does it say for you?

Mine are :
Adding master server 68.142.72.250:27010
Adding master server 72.165.61.189:27010
WackyIraqi
A regular
A regular

Post by WackyIraqi »

They seem to come up at random, now that I'm actually checking. However I keep getting AC2_PRINT repsonses for 1 or both servers at times. I'm not sure if it's because of VALVe's shitty software, or a problem on my end (i just switched OSes and im trying to get it all running properly again).
sungersoo
A regular
A regular

Post by sungersoo »

Lol It worked but now it doesn't... I'm talking about starting my server on de_dust2

Changed autoexec.cfg to de_dust2, worked... now it doesn't.... I have some bad luck

And my server is still not being listed under game-monitor or steam GUI. FFS I should just give up hosting a dedi server
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

This is with a completely fresh installation, after deleting the hldsbase folder completely and redownloading all files?

If so, it's definitely a Valve glitch. But, you could try removing the master servers and readding them, with commands like:

Code: Select all

setmaster remove 68.142.72.250:27010
setmaster add 68.142.72.250:27010
Will that work? I don't know for certain, since this isn't a problem that I've seen personally with servers hosted here. But, a couple of others have mentioned a similar issue on the Valve mailing lists yesterday and today.
WackyIraqi
A regular
A regular

Post by WackyIraqi »

It seems now only 1 master server doesnt want to work, the other one works no problem and I see my server in the browser. trying the remove/add just gets me the same bad challenge message (68.142.72.250:27011)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

You might just want to remove it for now, then.

Hopefully Valve gets this straightened out soon.
Retality
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Retality »

setmaster

response:
72.165.61.151:270**
72.165.61.151:270**

for one server. For each of my CSS servers, the master IPs are all the same, but different between each server. Is this a problem?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Have you tried -verify_all and removing + readding the master servers that show as having errors? Are you able to see it in the master list in your game browser at all?

There's been more discussion on the Valve mailing lists since my last post. The consensus is that Valve needs to get its butt in gear and fix these master server problems.
Retality
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Retality »

I've looked into this and found out that Valve also did this trick in L4D after L4D2 came out. Maybe Valve is starting to stop support for last generation games? Or is it for many games?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Valve has had problems with misbehaving/overloaded master servers before as well, and I'd more suspect that as the culprit here, since the problem seems to be intermittent.
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

I had this problem on my VPS at NFO as well. My servers would somehow show up on the list, but never on gametiger.com or game-monitor.com. I am running a server from home as well, and it shows up on the internet list, plus the websites I stated previously. It must be a problem on NFO's VPS'.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

rustydusty1717 wrote:I had this problem on my VPS at NFO as well. My servers would somehow show up on the list, but never on gametiger.com or game-monitor.com. I am running a server from home as well, and it shows up on the internet list, plus the websites I stated previously. It must be a problem on NFO's VPS'.
VPSes aren't seen any differently from full regular machines, or your home machine, by any external host. We don't have any firewalls in the middle that block traffic or anything that would affect connectivity.

If they show up in the in-game list, they're listed with the master server, so those sites have the ability to find and query them. I can't think of anything that would prevent the sites from doing so, but I'd certainly be willing to investigate further with any customer who has this issue.

If, on the other hand, they don't even show up in the in-game list, then you're probably being bitten by the Valve master server problems right now. Those issues are widespread and we're all looking forward to a fix.
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

I've been having this issue since last fall, not just for the past couple weeks. I'm really not sure why the servers won't show up on anything sometimes, it's really a pain. One at my house shows up on the master server list and all sites within a couple hours.