Running servers in separate folders

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
exs_teabag
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Running servers in separate folders

Post by exs_teabag »

is there a way i could just copy and paste the cod4base folder and rename each to say pub, pistols, tactical ect? that way i can set up my task messages for each server because i tried it and now when i go to connect to the server it says awaiting connection and on the box in the console it says everything is resolved. here's the command lines i have set up for the server

target:"C:\Game installs\pub\iw3mp.exe" +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip 216.52.148.180 +set net_port 28930 +set ui_maxclients 20 +set sv_maxclients 20 +exec pub.cfg +map_rotate

start in:"C:\Game installs\pub"
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Running servers in separate folders

Post by Edge100x »

You can copy the entire "cod4base" folder to different installations, yes. When you do this, make sure to change the name of the .exe file, so that each one will have a unique name in your task manager. Also, you will need to update your command line for each server to make sure it is running on its own port and/or IP address.
exs_teabag
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by exs_teabag »

so in turn rename the iw3mp.exe for example pub.exe and then edit the commandline to read

target:"C:\Game installs\pub\pub.exe" +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip 216.52.148.180 +set net_port 28930 +set ui_maxclients 20 +set sv_maxclients 20 +exec pub.cfg +map_rotate

start in:"C:\Game installs\pub"

correct?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, and further change it to use a different port, as well :)