gentoo linux

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
mateckz
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

gentoo linux

Post by mateckz »

well i followed this viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4163
but why is it like auto a terminal when logging into the vhs, why isnt like the actual os like windows server 08 and linux cent
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: gentoo linux

Post by Edge100x »

What you're calling the OS is actually just a graphical user interface :). Our Gentoo install doesn't come with a graphical interface by default, in favor of the traditional command line interface. I wouldn't generally recommend running a GUI with Gentoo, but you can install one if you would like.
mateckz
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by mateckz »

i mean ill trust you lol, is there an easy way to upload files like a server.cfg, i tried ftp programs not working, and also it wont let me edit the nano to auto start the server
WackyIraqi
A regular
A regular

Post by WackyIraqi »

Try connecting via SFTP, that way you wont have to setup any extra regular FTP settings. I use filezilla as it provides a nice GUI to do so. Just input the settings they provide to access your machine with SSH.
mateckz
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by mateckz »

thats not working either what port should i use to access it?
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

WinSCP for files, Poderosa for all your command needs. It's what I've been using for a long time, works great.
WackyIraqi
A regular
A regular

Post by WackyIraqi »

if you are using file zilla, just create a new connection at the top using SFTP - SSH File Transfer Protocol, input your IP address, username/pass (login as root), then connect, i left the port box blank on mine.
mateckz
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by mateckz »

rustydusty1717 how do you use the poderosa? if you have some time can you just run thru it real fast
mateckz
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by mateckz »

also where do i put the configs for them to work right now its nfoservers.com:newserver
mateckz
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by mateckz »

figured it out, but still need help with the auto start for the hlds so reply asap please thank you :)
mateckz
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by mateckz »

also it is saying permission denied when i try to launch ./ventrilo_srv :(
mateckz
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by mateckz »

ok got vent working, now just need help with the whole start servers thing when the box is restarted, and im getting about 880-950ish fps is there a way to make it more stable
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

To auto-start the servers at boot, put whatever commands you use to start the server into the /etc/conf.d/local.start file. I recommend using "screen -AmdS ..." lines here, so that you can start multiple servers.

On the FPS rate, make sure that you are chrt'ing the servers, as described in the guide; that you also have the fps_max/sys_ticrate set to 0; and that you're measuring from outside the server console, through "rcon stats", as the direct server console output is not accurate.
mateckz
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by mateckz »

I just went back to cent linux, im gettting 1000 fps but it drops sometimes from 500 to 1000 but usually pushes about 800-1000 is tehre a was to stableize it what about fpslocker?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Our FPS Locker is something that we can only offer for servers on our managed hosting at this time.

If you're running CS 1.6, you can try different -pingboost levels, though.