amx plugin help

Channel595
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

amx plugin help

Post by Channel595 »

i know how to install the .amx to addons/amx/plugins directory using FTP.
i dont get how to open addons/amx/plugins/plugins.ini and add a line containing the plugin file name.
am i suppose to put a message or just type the plugin.amx in there?
let me exit real quick so i can turn my skills off
master_cyph3r
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by master_cyph3r »

Add it using you control panel, Under file management tab find amx/plugins/plugins.ini and change it ;)
Anubis
Staff
Staff

Post by Anubis »

That or download it via FTP (if you use WS FTP Pro just right click it and click "edit"). Edit the file and then upload it back to the server writing over the original.

But I do believe the answer you are looking for is what line you would put there. Here is the answer.

If your plugin is named "new_plugin.amx" you would add a line that says "new_plugin.amx" to your addons/amx/plugsins.ini file. Add the line without the quotes. After you do that, restart your server and enjoy.
IRC @ #ruthlesslords on Gamesnet

http://www.ruthlesslords.net

rlpub.nuclearfallout.net
Channel595
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Channel595 »

how do i save it back to the ftp. when i X out it asks to save and it asks where i want to save it to on my hard drive

ws ftp pro? what is it, free?
let me exit real quick so i can turn my skills off
Anubis
Staff
Staff

Post by Anubis »

1. Download it and save it on your hard drive.

2. Edit the file with whatever you need to do.

3. Save the file onto your hard drive with the edit you just made.

4. Upload the newly updated file back to the spot you downloaded it from.

5. When it asks if you want to replace the file that is already there click yes/overwrite.

6. Restart your server and your done.

Thats how you "save it back to the ftp." When I am working with files I usually save them on my desktop because it makes them easier to access. So when it asks you where you want to save it, save it to your desktop.

WS FTP Pro is a file transfer program. It is really useful if you plan to do a lot of downloading/uploading to servers and the like. I like it a lot better than using the IE FTP program. Unfortunately it is not freeware. I dont remember how much it costs either. I have heard that you can download it for free off of kazaa, but no one here condones that. :roll:

You know, you dont really need to download the "plugins.ini" file to edit it anyway. You can use your control panel like master_cyph3r said earlier. Just go to addons/amx/plugins/plugins.ini, select it and click "submit." You can then edit the file right there. All you need to do is click save and your done.
IRC @ #ruthlesslords on Gamesnet

http://www.ruthlesslords.net

rlpub.nuclearfallout.net