Admin Mod Question...

Rumple-t2h
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Admin Mod Question...

Post by Rumple-t2h »

Hey i have a map vote plugin on my server. My question is how do i turn off the normal timeleft and nextmap functions. Because right now when you say timeleft it gives you the correct timeleft first (time remaining b4 the map vote) and then the wrong timeleft. Also when you type nextmap in it tells you that the next map will be decided by a vote then tells you whatever map is next in the mapcycle.txt.

Thanks in advance for any answers.
dL-Templisk
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Admin Mod Question...

Post by dL-Templisk »

Rumple-t2h wrote:Hey i have a map vote plugin on my server. My question is how do i turn off the normal timeleft and nextmap functions. Because right now when you say timeleft it gives you the correct timeleft first (time remaining b4 the map vote) and then the wrong timeleft. Also when you type nextmap in it tells you that the next map will be decided by a vote then tells you whatever map is next in the mapcycle.txt.

Thanks in advance for any answers.
Map vote : for admin mod any plugin can be disabled by adding // to the beginning of a line for example:
// timeleft - displays time until next map
As far as next map you should also disable it in admin mod, it would allow you to only see the correct time until the next vote or map, and will show only the map actually voted on. However until the vote has been decided I doubt your players will be able to see a next map at all.

Not sure if that helped much, I use AMX mod now it's easier and has more options open :wink:
Anubis
Staff
Staff

Post by Anubis »

Click HeRe to learn how to disable the "say nextmap" command. Im still unsure as to whether or not it will disable the "say timeleft" feature. However, since they both seem to be associated it may disable "say timeleft" as well.

Did you also know that you can type "timeleft" in the console and "say timeleft" both returning a different time left? At least thats what Ive seen before. Its because one is coming from the server and the other is coming from AM. The server one is the one which is accurate. :wink:
IRC @ #ruthlesslords on Gamesnet

http://www.ruthlesslords.net

rlpub.nuclearfallout.net
Rumple-t2h
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Rumple-t2h »

Ok i want to get rid of the nextmap thing but i dont want to lose all the admin_chat stuff. My problem is what do i do to edit the plugin_chat.sma??
I know how to convert it to the amx and put it back on my server just not sure exactly what i should edit.

If you have the time please let me know how :roll:
Rumple-t2h
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Rumple-t2h »

Just to clarify what my problem is:

I use the plugin_blatt_map.amx

For somereason when i installed this plugin it now always says the time for a map is 40min when the time is really 30min. At the 30min mark it does the map vote. So for example at the very beginning if you type time left it will say time remaining 30min then right under that text it will come up time reamaining 40min. It confuses the noobs and is generally annoying to me :lol:

Not really a big deal, just lil buggy crap id like to finally get around to correcting on my server.

Ive heard amx is much easier and better but im one of those ppl who hates change i like to stick with what i know.
Anubis
Staff
Staff

Post by Anubis »

AMX is basically the same as admin. Its actually better and easy to use. Before I used AMX I was like that as well. Then I rented my pub and after a day or two I new it front to back. Id be happy to help with any problems or things you might encounter if you make the switch to AMX. Trust me, its by far more leet. But if you dont want to switch I can try to fix your problem here as well. I, myself, just cant do anything until late Sunday or Monday because Im tied up all weekend. And to edit the .sma you would just need to remove everything dealing with the "nextmap" command and then recompile it. But, like I said, AMX is by far the best mod for admins out right now.
IRC @ #ruthlesslords on Gamesnet

http://www.ruthlesslords.net

rlpub.nuclearfallout.net