Windows needs activation! What do I do?

Virtual Dedicated Servers / Virtual Private Servers
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Windows needs activation! What do I do?

Post by Edge100x »

If Windows tells you that it needs to be activated, or that your copy may not be legitimate, just go through the standard activation process inside the OS. The correct CD key is pre-loaded for all of our Windows installs, so it will succeed, and you will not receive further messages.

The best way to do this is usually to log in through Remote Desktop and use the dialog it immediately presents you, selecting "Activate now" followed by "Activate Windows online now".
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Windows needs activation! What do I do?

Post by Edge100x »

As a clarification, if you attempt to install Windows from scratch using one of the ISOs, you will also be presented with an activation dialog. We do not support manual installations and can't provide our activation key in this circumstance, so you would need to reinstall with our regular auto-installed version.

Our auto-installed version is just the regular Windows edition with recent security updates applied and the GPLPV installers installed, along with minor tweaks such as changing the power setting to "High performance" and turning off the firewall.