Another Autoinstaller

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
Nov
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Another Autoinstaller

Post by Nov »

Would it be possible for get a autoinstaller option for Joomla 1.6? Or in general more options CMS wise?

Not that manual installation would be difficult, however, as we all know, everything is easier when all we have to do is select something and go.

Have a good one.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Another Autoinstaller

Post by Edge100x »

I do plan to add more but have not yet had the chance. joomla is definitely on the list.
dawnofviolence
A regular
A regular

Post by dawnofviolence »

i had some weird issues setting up jamoola with my nfo hosted site so hopefully yall get it soon so i can cancel the other site i host on.
DoVGaming.net CSS COMMUNITY POWERED BY NFOSERVERS.COM
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

What kind of issues did you run in it?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
dawnofviolence
A regular
A regular

Post by dawnofviolence »

wish i could remember x.x was almost a year ago lol. For the most part it just wouldnt work when i tried to install it. Did the same thing with the other host and it started right up. But once yall get the autoinstall im canceling my other plan they have there sites setup that if u press the refresh button enough it ips bans you. Not to fond of that at all making 5 emails a week with peoples ips to get them removed from the ban list.
DoVGaming.net CSS COMMUNITY POWERED BY NFOSERVERS.COM
GitSum
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by GitSum »

I also had problems trying to transfer a working Joomla site from another host to NFO. I pulled a lot of hair our over it, but finally got it work

The only thing I can think is the php version was different. NFO is using 5.3.8 and the other host had a slightly older version...

Joomla is actually pretty easy to install by yourself. Just download the package you want to use Joomlaand upload it to a folder on your website. I think the only thing an autoinstaller will do differently is create the database for you. Also, you may need a different version of Joomla that what the auto installer has (we are still using 1.5)