Question

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
Silvaire
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Question

Post by Silvaire »

Hi all,

I plan on eventually launching an online gaming community and I have already selected NFO as the game server provider "to beat" when the time comes. However, right now I'm working mainly on the website.

I was impatient and went with a separate webhost, Bluehost, to host the website so I can easily collaborate with a friend on it. I didn't realize that NFO had it's own web hosting package.

Two questions:

1. Anyone have experience with Bluehost vs. NFO? (Not that important, I trust the NFO brand).

2. Let's say I order a VPS in 7-months. Is it a pain to switch over my web server to it when the time comes and terminate my package (is there a pro-rated return of funds)?

3. Is there a cpanel or equivalent package installed?

I'm probably going to cancel Bluehost and move here, but just wanted to check.

Thanks a lot,
Chad
Siren
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Question

Post by Siren »

I really don't know enough about other hosts to say anything but I do know a bit about NFo :)

Our regular webhosting comes with our control panel and all of it's features including our autoinstallers. If and when you decide to switch it over to an unmanged VDS you would be starting over without the webhosting control panel and would be recreating inside the VDS.

Our VDS also comes with our control panel though it is fairly basic with the unmanaged VDS, it gives you control of the VDS data, statistics and to be able to shut it down. You will have control of the VDS via RDT and a bit in our panel.
<Spray> Please try locking your modem in a closet, or facing it towards the wall in the corner, so it knows its misbehaved
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

SSH if you go with a unix flavor :wink: .
Silvaire
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Silvaire »

I went ahead and purchased an account, moving stuff over now. Good stuff. Nice panel.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Thanks :). It's simpler and more direct than most, but all of the important functions are there.
Silvaire
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Silvaire »

Yeah I'm really glad I realized this while I could still cancel. I was browsing your forums and website and work when I saw it and got pissed off at myself.

Unfortunately, I picked a bad time in my many years of online gaming to finally start my gaming community because I don't really play any FPS regularly like I did with CS1.6 and Tribes 1, which is why the VPS is a nice option since it doesn't tie you down to any game in particular.

Checking out CS:S again to see if it's still horrible. I hear there is a beta now you can optionally check out.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I am glad you enjoy our services. Their is a CSS beta which has been out for some time now. Value is constantly updating it and bringing new things to the beta first then the actual game. Not a big CSS fan but besides some face lifts and an updated engine..etc..same game really. You may enjoy it now though.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Silvaire
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Silvaire »

Yeah, I was really into CS 1.6 but Source kinda broke our community because nobody liked it. My perception of it was that it was just too easy to get random headshots. I've only played a few hours on the non-beta and it seems the engine is smoother but it's still extremely easy in terms of long-range headshots, in my opinion.

I am praying the new Tribes game is great and then I'll host one of those servers. Other than that I'm just trying random games out.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Ya the market for good games have been extremely slim last year or so. I am hopping BF3 brings good games back..
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!