Sv_pure ??!

Freakgood
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Sv_pure ??!

Post by Freakgood »

Hi .. need some help

I got fast dl on the server.. everything workd fine untill i added sv_pure 1 inside the server.cfg then .. the server start 2 act weird and redownload the sounds... even if u switch map..Or just rejoin the server it trys 2 upload the files 2 your computer ( get u 2 download the files) and its still going on no matter what map or how many map fixez.. any ide people? and sorry 4 my bad english im from sweden so xD
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: Sv_pure ??!

Post by TimeX »

I have seen this problem come up related to Mani Admin's custom sounds. I'm not sure if sv_pure has anything to do with it, but it is a known problem seen in Mani, if you are running that.
TimeX
Freakgood
A regular
A regular

Post by Freakgood »

TimeX wrote:I have seen this problem come up related to Mani Admin's custom sounds. I'm not sure if sv_pure has anything to do with it, but it is a known problem seen in Mani, if you are running that.
No im running the source mod :P
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Did you try removing sv_pure to see if it does it while it is not their?

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Pure_Servers

I wouldn't think sv_pure would affect sounds based server side. However I would suggest testing and see.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Freakgood
A regular
A regular

Post by Freakgood »

kraze wrote:Did you try removing sv_pure to see if it does it while it is not their?

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Pure_Servers

I wouldn't think sv_pure would affect sounds based server side. However I would suggest testing and see.
Yes everything checks out when i remove the sv_pure 1 from the server.cfg.

any ides on a source mod plugin that blocks people from using custome skins and model on Hl2dm ( Half life 2death match) server ?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

sv_pure can be set to 0, 1, or 2. Setting to 1 turns on protection but allows exceptions from a whitelist. Setting to 2 will ignore the whitelist and not allow any exceptions. Setting it to 2 may be worth trying.

As for a plugin that will do these things instead, I do not know of one off the top of my head. You may be able to find one on the sourcemod.net site.
TimeX
Freakgood
A regular
A regular

Post by Freakgood »

TimeX wrote:sv_pure can be set to 0, 1, or 2. Setting to 1 turns on protection but allows exceptions from a whitelist. Setting to 2 will ignore the whitelist and not allow any exceptions. Setting it to 2 may be worth trying.

As for a plugin that will do these things instead, I do not know of one off the top of my head. You may be able to find one on the sourcemod.net site.
So basicly if u inputed all the sounds that u wanted people 2 be abel 2 use and download inside the whitelist they should work right?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

As sv_pure 1 that is correct. It doesn't control downloading though, just the ability to use the content.
TimeX
Freakgood
A regular
A regular

Post by Freakgood »

TimeX wrote:As sv_pure 1 that is correct. It doesn't control downloading though, just the ability to use the content.
So what u are saying is that.. if the player has it on his comp he can use that sound .. But..if the server is trying 2 download it 2 him it wont work?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Uploading files to client is just handled separately. Plugins can force client to be sent to clients, or .res files can be used for this purpose.
Freakgood
A regular
A regular

Post by Freakgood »

Edge100x wrote:Uploading files to client is just handled separately. Plugins can force client to be sent to clients, or .res files can be used for this purpose.
download i can fix but its that i need 2 it be abel 2 play soo what should i type in the white list 2 enable lets say..

quake/boomheadshot.mp3?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Freakgood
A regular
A regular

Post by Freakgood »

Edge100x wrote:Please take a look at this guide: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =18&t=4939
Finally .. i got it 2 work.. u need a plugin 2 force the sounds on peoples comp then u need 2 go inside the whitelist.. and change every line with sounds... like this change the lines so they look like this ..

sound\... allow_from_disk
sound\mymod\... allow_from_disk