BF3 Config file?

Scarab
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

BF3 Config file?

Post by Scarab »

I've been struggling with a problem since release, can't figure it out on my own. My startup.txt file looks right, it shows Round start player count: 4 and Preround start player count: 4

Yet at some point the server reverts to 8 players. I have to reset it in the control panel or Procon, and restart the round or server.

There is a server.cfg file somewhere, does it revert back to 8 on restart every night? It's killing our stats, we need 8 players to start the server off each day, and while I'd prefer 2, I think EA restricts us to 4.

Can you help me understand what might be happening to reset the server spec to 8?

Thanks in advance.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: BF3 Config file?

Post by Edge100x »

There isn't another file on the server that you could be changing to adjust this, and it wouldn't be reset each night. It must be happening as the result of a tool that one of your admins is running =\.
GitSum
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by GitSum »

I am pretty sure that "restart PlayerCount" needs to be half the value of StartPlayerCount

So if you wanted your server to start when you had 4 players

vars.roundRestartPlayerCount 2
vars.roundStartPlayerCount 4

You can actually get the server to start with just one player

vars.roundRestartPlayerCount 0
vars.roundStartPlayerCount 1
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

It doesn't need to be half of the other value, but it does need to be at least one number lower.
TimeX
Scarab
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Scarab »

You guys are the greatest, thank you for helping me understand that piece better.

It was driving me nuts because I had those variables set to 4 and 4, which basically reverted to 8 players to start, 4 players to restart every day. I've changed the variables in the startup, so hopefully it will work now.