Golden Eye Source

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Captain Slapdash
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Golden Eye Source

Post by Captain Slapdash »

Hi,

I was just wondering whether it was possible to run Golden Eye Source as a mod on a Source-based game server?

The details are Here I downloaded the server files and looked at the zip to see if it was something that could be put on a HL2DM base but it looks a little more different that most. Would be wanting to rent a new server alongside my current HL2DM server to run this.

Had a quick search of the forums but didn't find anything.

All the best

CS
Captain Slapdash
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: Golden Eye Source

More details HERE

Looks like maybe not?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

That runs as a completely different game type, so it can't be run as just a HL2DM mod. This means that a normal server rental would first require us to add support for it, but we haven't had time recently to review any new games to be added.

As with any game we don't have support for, you could install and run it yourself on an unmanaged VDS, if you don't mind the extra work involved.
TimeX
Captain Slapdash
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Thanks TimeX,

I had a feeling that was the case. I've run servers from an NFO VDS before so am happy to do it but stopped as I needed to cut back on the old expenses. Maybe I'll set one up again in the future for this if I keep getting asked for it.

Thanks again

CS