HL 1 Deathmatch server changes

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
SoulAsylum
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

HL 1 Deathmatch server changes

Post by SoulAsylum »

HL 1 issues since 1-21-2013
Since Jan 21st we have seen the appearance of the snark model change to a pulsating blob, we now also have a very annoying "loud click" sound at the end of the shotty re-load cycle. The AR rifle model and sounds have changed to what appears to be generic CS stuff. AR grenades are now green with a brown stripe vice the old red as well. Both our servers have been verified and validated for rogue files and/or any recent HLDS updates being applied. No HLDS updates or steam pushed updates have occured. One interesting note is this is happening to ALL the HL1 deathmatch servers myself and other players connect to. Other players from other clans are seeing these same anomolies on their servers as well. Therefore I have the inclination that this is somehow a STEAM issue. We are also getting really frequent "steam id validation" error messages as well. I am now reaching out to the community to see what you all are experiencing. And gather the best info on this as much as possible.

Regards,
Team [~SOA~]