Punkbuster outdated?

BooYahRadley
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Punkbuster outdated?

Post by BooYahRadley »

Hey,

Loving my servers here so far. I set them up to stream PBBans and GGC and it's working but I noticed on GGC's page that the version of punkbuster my servers are running is outdated (v 1.826 vs. 1.863). I ran pb_sv_update through both of my procon layers and get a message about no dns resolution to master6.evenbalance.com. I'm new to BF3 admin and am just wondering if this is normal or, if not, how I could go about fixing it? I promise that I searched the forums here first and didn't see any topics with this issue. If I missed one, all apologies.

TIA
Sorry
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Punkbuster outdated?

Post by Sorry »

Try this command in the procon console tab, punkBuster.pb_sv_command pb_sv_update
BooYahRadley
New to forums
New to forums

Post by BooYahRadley »

Tried it on both Procon Layers (both of which are laid over nfoservers.com BF3 gameservers). No change. I tried your suggested command and then pb_sv_update in the Punkbuster part of the Console.

3 images: http://imgur.com/a/bK618

Thanks for any help and I very much appreciate your assistance, Sorry. It just hasn't fixed my problem. I'm really leaning toward user error on my part but I'm just not sure what to do. GGz
BrendanG
Staff
Staff

Post by BrendanG »

BooYahRadley: have you sent in a support request for this issue? I know John has send out a system wide command to update the base files for PB so this should not be an issue. However running a repair may be a way to get this resolved. So please send in a request if this has not yet been resolved.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

PB has always been pretty unreliable when it comes to updating automatically. I recommend having us run a repair operation on your server (or, if you have a managed server, you can do this through the "Managed panel" page). We manually update the base files using PBsetup to make sure that they're correct, and this will sync your server's up with those.
BooYahRadley
New to forums
New to forums

Post by BooYahRadley »

Thanks for the replies, edge if you guys can do that I'd really appreciate it. Should I do as Brendan suggested and open the ticket? And thanks, Brendan, I'm just now seeing these otherwise I would have done as you suggested.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, opening a support request would be best. We should be able to take care of this for you quickly.
BooYahRadley
New to forums
New to forums

Post by BooYahRadley »

Awesome, I appreciate the help. Have a good day all.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Too bad I didn't pay any heed to this thread when it first popped up. Without realizing it, my servers have been running an outdated PB version for more than a month now and the only way they are gonna update is by manually updating them.

Unfortunately, the control panel is telling me I can't put the required file in my servers' PB directory to manually update for some reason so I've had to open up a ticket. Are your servers in LA as well, BoohYah? Trying to figure out why exactly the queries weren't being sent for the update...

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/--t164419. ... ntry440207
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

TimSad, as we mentioned above, just open a support request and ask us to run a repair operation on the server to fix PB for you.

PB rarely updates correctly. EvenBalance also messed up the most recent update so even PBSetup didn't work for a week or so (no servers had the update during that time, as a result).
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

Don't worry TimSad... were in the same boat.
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Pretty much everyone is. PB has always had auto-update problems, for some reason. Luckily, it's an easy fix (due to our system design, which was meant to deal with this).

PB is also refreshed with every game update.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Weird! With all these ban waves, I'm still catching no hackers among all of my servers. It's been well over a month since my last caught hacker still.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Buff
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Buff »

Hi Edge100x,

Can you please check the servers in this topic?

There must be something wrong with them, several admins have discussed this on the forum of PBBans. These servers are streaming to PBBans and we haven't seen one single ban from Punkbuster since February, while hundreds of hackers are being caught?

Our server with IP 74.91.115.201:25200 has the latest PB version 1.867, but I think it's something else. Do we have to open a support ticket?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Buff, that is something that we are unlikely to be able to troubleshoot very well from our end, as we don't have visibility into pbbans or how it issues its bans. If they're trying to push commands to the game servers and aren't able to do so, their system should generate errors that they can use to troubleshoot on their end, though.

But, open a support request and I'll take a look at the PB logs and see if I can find anything.