HLTV commands question

fatalsin
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

HLTV commands question

Post by fatalsin »

Through rcon, use the record command and then put what you want the demo called in quotes afterward. For example, record "blah" would make a demo involving the word "blah". The HLTV executable automatically generates a unique demo name which is based on the date and puts the demo in the directory for the mod of the server it is connected to. It creates one for each map change.
do you mean, through the game console? For example I would connect to dopriv.nuclearfallout.net then type in rcon_password blahblah then do

rcon record hltvdemo1
?
im confuse about how that works, since your connected to the server and not hltv itself. And if so, how would I control hltv through the gameserver or for say while im playing in scrim?
erax0r
New to forums
New to forums

hltv info

Post by erax0r »

Heres my experience with HLTV (I'm not sure if nf has something unique here or not but here goes).

Basically You connect to your server using the HLTV ip and port like you would connecting to any regular cs server. You dont need rcon password either. Once connected simply go to your console and type "record mydemo" and hit enter. This will start recording the hltv demo. After your done type "stopdemo" and thats it. When you viewdemo mydemo you will get to switch between player views etc hence taking full advantage of the HLTV.
Last edited by erax0r on Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Our FAQ assumes that you want the server to be the one recording the demo since that saves you from having to connect to the HLTV. When you do it that way, the easiest method is to use the rcon utility in the control panel.
|dC|2bit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by |dC|2bit »

Or if you want to control your hltv server in game you can:

rcon_address <ip of HLTV server>
rcon_password <password for rcon>
rcon <command>

This is for control the server in game.
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

what hes talking about for ip is the *ident*.hltv.nuclearfallout.net:27020

or you can use the direct ip (ie. 66.54.88.158) of your server, but make sure you have the port 27020 after it, because the hltv IP and server IP are the *SAME*.
-Nick
fatalsin
New to forums
New to forums

Post by fatalsin »

rcon_address <ip of HLTV server>
rcon_password <password for rcon>
rcon <command>
Thanks, thats exactly what im looking for :P