Game Server Communication Issues

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
xProlithium
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Game Server Communication Issues

Post by xProlithium »

Hello,

First I apologize if I give incomplete information, or if I am going to the wrong support group for this issue. I am running an attempting to run a Teamspeak 3 server (which is functioning properly) and multiple ArmA 2 OA servers as well. From what I have notice, the ArmA 2 OA server seems to not be communicating properly with both the configurations, and external servers it must connect to. I am having a hard time understanding what the problem is, because process of elimination has given no positive results, and there are far too many factors that could be taken place. (what a run-on sentence lol) Because NFOServers specializes in game server hosting and things along the lines of such, I am hoping we can resolve the issue.

-Jason

The virtual machine name is: Scottz1766
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Game Server Communication Issues

Post by kraze »

Has this always been an issue or did it just recently start? By not communicating right, do you mean it is not showing on the master list?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
xProlithium
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by xProlithium »

I has been only recent, I had the server working for a while. After doing a boat load of mission modifications and editing, the server stopped showing it. In the configuration file, the server has a specific name

Code: Select all

hostname = "Pineapple";
but when I look on the master list, I do not see the server, when I go to remote access the server using the IP Address, the server name comes up as "scottz1766".
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Are you seeing any errors in your RPT file that would suggest the file isn't being parsed properly? It is easy to make a formatting mistake there.
xProlithium
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by xProlithium »

The information i get form the arma2oaserver.RPT is as followed:

=====================================================================
== C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ArmA 2 Combined Ops\arma2oaserver.exe
== "arma2oaserver.exe"  -netlog -ip=74.91.120.223 -profiles=TrainingVanilla -config=MissionConfigs/TrainingVanilla -world=Takistan
Exe timestamp: 2013/06/06 23:00:10
Current time:  2013/06/07 14:38:53

Version 1.62.95251
ca\missions\MPScenarios\MP_Deathmatch.chernarus: string @str_mpdeathmatch_subname cannot be localized client-side - move to global stringtable
ca\missions\MPScenarios\MP_Deathmatch.chernarus: string @str_mpdeathmatch_subname cannot be localized client-side - move to global stringtable
I am unsure as to how to fix this, and I have looked for solutions on the internet, but have found no results thus far.
xProlithium
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by xProlithium »

I am going to attempt to uninstall and reinstall all of the ArmA 2 and OA files and see if, perhaps, there was an issue during the installation.
xProlithium
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by xProlithium »

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead games, and it is still having conflicts, I am unsure as to why this is happening.

This is exactly what the arma2oaserver.RPT file says

== C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ArmA 2 Combined Ops\arma2oaserver.exe
== "arma2oaserver.exe"  -config=MissionConfigs/TrainingVanilla.cfg -profiles=TrainingVanilla -world=Takistan
Exe timestamp: 2013/06/09 12:24:05
Current time:  2013/06/09 18:29:38

Version 1.62.95251
Spray
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Spray »

Do you have a basic cfg file you could specify on the command line?

Something like -cfg=cfg\basic.cfg

MinBandwidth=15000000;
MaxBandwidth=100000000;
MaxMsgSend=1024;
MaxSizeGuaranteed=1024;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=64;
MinErrorToSend=0.0024999999;
MaxCustomFileSize=0;
Windowed=0;
language="English";
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1000000;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
Also, have you tried creating a new stock config file and seeing if will load using that config?
xProlithium
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by xProlithium »

From what I read, the basic.cfg is for performance tuning. In any case, I did add the basic.cfg to the command line and it did nothing to change it.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

The basic.cfg is not really important at this point. I would suspect that your mission is not really loading correctly, please take a look at your server.cfg file and check if that is valid.

You also defined to load the Takistan world island as a default, yet your .RPT file shows loading the default Chernarus DM mission, if I am not mistaken.

Could you please also explain a bit more what you mean with "not communicating correctly"? Can you connect to one of the OA servers?
xProlithium
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by xProlithium »

please take a look at your server.cfg file and check if that is valid.
This is the raw code for the server.cfg

// GLOBAL SETTINGS
hostname = "Pinapples";
password = "";
passwordAdmin = "apples";		
logFile = "server_console.log";				

// JOINING RULES
maxPlayers = 25;
kickDuplicate = 1;
verifySignatures = 2;
equalModRequired = 1;

// VOTING
voteMissionPlayers = 1;
voteThreshold = 0.33;

// INGAME SETTINGS
disableVoN = 1;	
vonCodecQuality = 0;
persistent = 1;
timeStampFormat = "short";
BattlEye = 0;

// SCRIPTING ISSUES
onUserConnected = "";
onUserDisconnected = "";
doubleIdDetected = "";

// SIGNATURE VERIFICATION
onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)";
onHackedData = "ban (_this select 0)";
onDifferentData = "";

// MISSIONS CYCLE (see below)
class Missions
{
	class TrainingVanilla
	{
		template = "TakistaniTrainingBase.Takistan";
		difficulty = "regular";
	};
};
I have it defined as Takistan, because the only mission it should be running is the mission stated in the template. I cannot find any configurations dictating the server to attempt to run Chernarus DM, nor have i been able to find exactly where that error originates from.

When I say "not communicating correctly", the server.cfg states to name the server "Pineapple" and the admin password "apples". When i run the server, it does not name it Pineapple, nor does it show up on the Internet list through the filter, instead i have to remote the IP of the server, and what comes up is the computer name that the server is running on, not the server name Pineapple furthermore, when i connect to the server, it does not auto run the mission stated in the server.cfg, but when i type #login apples (the in-game chat command to login as admin), it logs me in as admin, and i can select the mission that way.

This error did not occur until the clan leader downloaded the DLC PMC and BAF, so i have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but it still gives the same error. I thought maybe if I install a new OS, start clean and try again, maybe the error will go away, but I have a functioning TS3 server on the server at the moment, and I'd rather not lose that.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

I suspect that the server is trying to read the wrong server.cfg file, most likely from the /Users/AppData folder, or from a profile folder.

Could you please try to copy your basic.cfg and server.cfg directly to your installed OA root folder and start it from there from the command prompt with: arma2oaserver.exe -config=YOUR_SERVERCFG_FILE_HERE

Or, try to copy your OA files to a sepperate folder on your C drive and try it from there.

Also check if you are network adapter bindings are correct (unlikely that this is causing problems though).

The Chernarus MP Deathmatch mission is the first mission defined in one of the OA .pbo files, if there are problems with mission files(filename wrong, not packaged correctly, etc.), the server will load this one.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

I also did take a closer look at your server.cfg file and it is missing the line for reporting IP. Please add the following line:

reportingIP = "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com"; // For Operation Arrowhead
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

If your server name in the server list shows up as your dedi/VPS server name and not the actual game server name you set in your server.cfg, then there is a problem in your command line calling the server.cfg as it isn't loading.

Also as mentioned above, your server.cfg posted above is missing the
reportingIP = "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com"; // For Operation Arrowhead
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
xProlithium
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by xProlithium »

This issue has been resolved. Thank you for the assistance everyone :)