DarkRP walk and run speed help?

Ferinsha
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

DarkRP walk and run speed help?

Post by Ferinsha »

Hey guys. I'm just going to get straight to the point. I configured the DarkRP run and walk speeds to my liking in the config but when a player equips and takes out a weapon from Siminov's DOD:S pack (It's the one I use) they start to walk and run twice as fast and their speed still stays like that until they die. I cannot edit the speed from the 'Q' menu because I get an error saying I don't have permission in console. Does anyone know how to fix this?
dancore
A regular
A regular

Re: DarkRP walk and run speed help?

Post by dancore »

Did you edit the run speed in game or the lua?
Ferinsha
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Ferinsha »

I did it through the config.lua
Sir Nipah
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sir Nipah »

Take a look a the sweps lua for the weps you are getting the funny speeds with.
Image Garry's Mod veteran.
Ferinsha
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Ferinsha »

Sir Nipah wrote:Take a look a the sweps lua for the weps you are getting the funny speeds with.
It's all of them except grenades and melee weapons. But I cant find anything related to the speeds. I looked everywhere.
Ferinsha
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Ferinsha »

I'm just going to use a different pack. Nevermind :)
Glimmo
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Glimmo »

To fix the speed you need to go into the shared.lua file for each weapon you want to use. Open it up and at the top you should see:

local Walkspeed = CreateConVar ("sim_walk_speed", "250", {FCVAR_REPLICATED, FCVAR_ARCHIVE})
local Runspeed = CreateConVar ("sim_run_speed", "500", {FCVAR_REPLICATED, FCVAR_ARCHIVE})

What this means is that when the gun is equipped then the walk speed is changed into "250" and the run speed is changed into "500"
The default darkRP run speed is run speed is 240 and the default walk speed is 160 so change the variables like so:

local Walkspeed = CreateConVar ("sim_walk_speed", "160", {FCVAR_REPLICATED, FCVAR_ARCHIVE})
local Runspeed = CreateConVar ("sim_run_speed", "240", {FCVAR_REPLICATED, FCVAR_ARCHIVE})

You have to do this to every single weapon in the pack, since I am running a World War 2 MilitaryRP server I only need to change the variables for guns that are being used. Hope this helped!