Battlefield 4 Servers ETA

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Battlefield 4 Servers ETA

Post by kraze »

MadMonk wrote:There is a post on the PBBans forums about who is supposedly in, out and still waiting to hear about it. I won't post it here because it has competitors on there and I don't think that is allowed. I see NFO on the "in" list. I hope it is true. I am looking for a new host to call home and I am hoping it is NFO. I heard nothing but positive reviews about this place and right now I am only interested in NFO. Getting close, only 5 weeks away. Beta is in another week. I would think there will be an official announcement fairly soon.
Links like that are OK since it doesn't link directly to a competitor. We just try to avoid direct links to other GSP sites.

The thread in question.
http://www.pbbans.com/forums/battlefiel ... 76005.html
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Looking at that list, only 2 that I see are mainly US providers. The rest look like UK or European of some type which might have a US availability.

Good news if only 2 so far in the US.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

From that list, I see a few that have been there since the BF2 days that are "for debate", but as long as NFO is a confirmed, I'm happy, I will be running a BF4 server.
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

I have seen a lot of people asking GSPs if they will be hosting BF4 or to confirm. If the current GSPs are already part of the ranking program starting from bf2/2142 specially when DICE accepted new GSPs for BC2/MOH/BF3 (NFO being one of them) then 99% they will be hosting BF4 and ANY future DICE/EA ranked games. No need to ask a provider if they will be hosting it or not because of NDA, you will just get the same response like everywhere else. "When we have something we will let you know." Basically when we are allowed to announce it we will. This includes official announcement, pricing and pre-orders (depending on GSP)

If a GSP has violated any of the ranking terms, then they might lose it but all the major GSPs never risk this.
GaWebDevDotCom
A regular
A regular

Post by GaWebDevDotCom »

TimSad wrote:
jaythegreat1 wrote:If NFO doesn't get BF4, we riot! :mrgreen:
If NFO will not be given the ability to host BF4 I will rage hard! So hard that I might find myself hosting Call of Duty: Ghosts servers instead if there are such things. Haha!
Agreed... definately.
10-78 Busterking
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by 10-78 Busterking »

Official announcement of the providers:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/ne ... lefield-4/

Now I hope it will be the same setting options to have the servers on my vds. Please confirm.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

EA did come out with the list today and we are an official RSP.

I expect for us to be able to offer servers on managed VDSes and managed dedicated servers for BF4. However, the per-slot additional fee that we charge will be higher than BF3.

For standalone game servers, we can't yet offer preorders. We will be able to offer these later but can't provide a date yet.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Edge100x wrote:EA did come out with the list today and we are an official RSP.

I expect for us to be able to offer servers on managed VDSes and managed dedicated servers for BF4. However, the per-slot additional fee that we charge will be higher than BF3.

For standalone game servers, we can't yet offer preorders. We will be able to offer these later but can't provide a date yet.
This is extremely frustrating. Is it even worth getting a dedi AT ALL if there is such a high per slot fee? I love the control I have over my dedicated machines, and I know NFO load balances everything, but I like to see how my machines are performing, and control that level of performance. Based on our calculations, we would need to spend ANOTHER $75/m for JUST THE SLOTS if it was at the BF3 price, now we have to pay more?
Not a NFO employee
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

soja, I understand and agree with your frustration.

I don't have further information about our fee to provide at this time.
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

Either discourage influx of servers so the master server can handle the load (haha) or just the fact they are milking it now.

I am surprised to see 2 major GSPs not listed there. I guess this applies only to beta?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

FAST, in the post they indicate that it is for the beta and launch. But, they don't say if more will be added. I do not know if they will.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

John, what does the extra fee pay in bf3? Is it something nfo needs to charge to cover an extra fee or something ea requires you to charge to pay for their backed services?

You say standalone servers aren't available for order and you have no date, will managed servers be able to run beta servers? Thanks
Not a NFO employee
10-78 Busterking
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by 10-78 Busterking »

Edge100x wrote: However, the per-slot additional fee that we charge will be higher than BF3.

That's so disappointing. Seems always like a further cash grab. It just never ends.

My clan is about to pack it in with renting servers.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

soja, we say it best at http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =51&t=5705. I don't really have anything to add about BF3 beyond that.

Customers will not be able to rent, run, configure, or administrate BF4 beta servers.

Busterking, we are not making a cash grab, and our services are always priced right around the amount it costs us to run them. BF3, MoHW, and BF4 have special requirements that increase the cost to us of running these services, even on managed machines.
joshh20
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by joshh20 »

I thought that it was just another typical move by EA, and charging GSPs even more to run their games. I'm not sure if that is what Busterking was implying.