Terraria Server Testing

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Terraria Server Testing

Post by hiimcody1 »

I have a test server running on our services. I am trying to get some solid data gathered on the server's resource consumption.

The server is set for 64 slots atm and I'd like to see it filled at least once.

If you join this server, please leave me some details on how it performs. If you see lag, I need to know what type of lag you're seeing. Particle lag, projectile lag, entity lag, chat lag.

The server connection info:
IP: 66.151.244.195
Port: 7777

Please try to fill the server and stress it. Remember that the results from this could influence NFo's decision to allow rentals of Terraria in the future.
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Re: Terraria Server Testing

Post by hiimcody1 »

I'll probably be taking this server offline starting around half-way into November. The timing of this Terraria update is not boding well due to BF4 so getting testers has proven difficult.
sh4ners
New to forums
New to forums

Post by sh4ners »

Sorry for being back a dead post but I'd be interested running one on my CDs when I get it. Any plans at all of having that option?
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Post by hiimcody1 »

The game's overall resource usage isn't too bad. I'll spin it back up and get some solid stats on it and see if we can move forward with offering it.
sh4ners
New to forums
New to forums

Post by sh4ners »

Awesome. Let me know if I can do anything too help out.
sh4ners
New to forums
New to forums

Post by sh4ners »

any news on this.... need help testing?

really want to get a Terraria server with you guys.
bebo
New to forums
New to forums

Post by bebo »

There is still demand for this. I'd like to host a Terraria server. Especially with the new update that's going to come out soon, I think the game will see a re-surge in popularity, and with it, a higher demand for servers.
Jambe
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Jambe »

Just chiming in to say I'd still be interested in a Terraria offering. I could get a VPS but given how few people I play with anymore I really can't be fussed. Plus, your straightforward control panels spoiled me!

Any word on whether this'll be offered?
Decicus
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by Decicus »

I know this is an old thread by now, but with the recent update to Terraria, I know a few friends I would love to forward to NFO for hosting their servers.

Any update regarding this?
Siren
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Siren »

We are revisiting the possibility of adding support for Terraria, so keep an eye out in case we are able to add it to our games list! We have to do some more current testing on it so I can't guarantee anything yet.
<Spray> Please try locking your modem in a closet, or facing it towards the wall in the corner, so it knows its misbehaved
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Post by hiimcody1 »

If anyone has been running Terraria on their Unmanaged systems, I'd love to hear some statistics you're seeing as far as resource consumption and general player counts.