BF4 Pre-Ordered Servers & Estimated Cpanel Access Availabili

GaWebDevDotCom
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

BF4 Pre-Ordered Servers & Estimated Cpanel Access Availabili

Post by GaWebDevDotCom »

If this has been raised in another thread my apologies as I could not find it. I'm aware that DICE/EA has or will stipulate the BF4 Server availability for those of us who have pre-ordered BF4 Servers for example.

Have we any firm estimate yet on whether server administrators will be given a few hours at minimal prior to official release to config our servers, etc.? Hopefully a window of opportunity will be available to do the various pre-launch tasks that many of us like to accomplish such as claim ownership via gametracker etc., bookmark server links etc.

I launched our BF3's a few months after BF3 launch so I don't know what your cpanel access times were then. Perhaps we can assume it will be a similar scenario with BF4 server access?

Thanks in advance.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: BF4 Pre-Ordered Servers & Estimated Cpanel Access Availa

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

They can't give you control panel access until the game server is installed which then creates the control panel page for your game server. And game servers can't be installed until release day because of the contract between GSP's and EA/DICE.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We have the files and will be setting up servers at least 24 hours early, so renters will have plenty of time to configure theirs before the game is released (managed VDS/machine customers will also be able to start creating them at that time). Right now we are still finalizing adjustments to the control panel and testing the server code in its current state.
Froz3nTundra
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Froz3nTundra »

Edge100x wrote:We have the files and will be setting up servers at least 24 hours early, so renters will have plenty of time to configure theirs before the game is released (managed VDS/machine customers will also be able to start creating them at that time). Right now we are still finalizing adjustments to the control panel and testing the server code in its current state.
Hooah, thanks John 8)
GaWebDevDotCom
A regular
A regular

Post by GaWebDevDotCom »

Edge100x wrote:We have the files and will be setting up servers at least 24 hours early, so renters will have plenty of time to configure theirs before the game is released (managed VDS/machine customers will also be able to start creating them at that time). Right now we are still finalizing adjustments to the control panel and testing the server code in its current state.
Thank you sir... much appreciated. Glad I read your response and didn't revisit this thread too early to view the first alone. Really?

Thanks John.
R2Namru9
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by R2Namru9 »

Sorry for piggy backing the post, but speaking of Cpanel available time and server setups being done 24 hours before. Does that mean those of us that have existing BF3 servers that weren't allowed to pre-order to have it upgraded will be able to request a server upgrade 24 hours before game launch?
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Note that servers are going to be queued for setup in the order they were ordered.
The later you put in your order, the longer the wait for setup.
And because of the large size of the files, it will probably increase the delay for setups.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

Looks like some GSPs are already letting people set up servers :\
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

jaythegreat1, as I mentioned, I'm still working hard on testing the game and integrating it into our systems. Other RSPs don't have as much in the way of control panels and admin tools for the BF-series games, which makes it easier for them to just throw them up. I have to understand the game backwards and forward, and test all of its features, settings, and configuration quirks.

The server creations themselves will be quite quick, once I trigger them. It will likely take 30-60 minutes to put up all preordered servers.

(There's not much use having it three days early anyhow.)
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Edge100x wrote:jaythegreat1, as I mentioned, I'm still working hard on testing the game and integrating it into our systems. Other RSPs don't have as much in the way of control panels and admin tools for the BF-series games, which makes it easier for them to just throw them up. I have to understand the game backwards and forward, and test all of its features, settings, and configuration quirks.

The server creations themselves will be quite quick, once I trigger them. It will likely take 30-60 minutes to put up all preordered servers.

Awesome John, thanks for the update! Your hard work is what keeps us here <3

Looking forward to the game, and we have the best server provider in NA/world behind us :)
Not a NFO employee
GaWebDevDotCom
A regular
A regular

Post by GaWebDevDotCom »

soja wrote:
Looking forward to the game, and we have the best server provider in NA/world behind us :)
This is true!
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

Thanks for the update John... should have plenty of time Monday afternoon... but I won't turn down extra time to prepare :).
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
Froz3nTundra
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Froz3nTundra »

Edge100x wrote:jaythegreat1, as I mentioned, I'm still working hard on testing the game and integrating it into our systems. Other RSPs don't have as much in the way of control panels and admin tools for the BF-series games, which makes it easier for them to just throw them up. I have to understand the game backwards and forward, and test all of its features, settings, and configuration quirks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXN1yxax ... detailpage
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Someone remind me to immediately add all my servers to GameTracker when we have access to them. That is one step I tend to forget often.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Froz3nTundra
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Froz3nTundra »

TimSad wrote:Someone remind me to immediately add all my servers to GameTracker when we have access to them. That is one step I tend to forget often.
I'm on it!!