Idle Timeout

TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Idle Timeout

Post by TimSad »

Hey! I went and set vars.idleTimeout to 0 in the Startup of all my servers but when I send the command to query the value of it in the console, it returns 225. Now, the documentation still says set to 0 to disable but do you think this is an oversight on their part or do you think they don't want any players idling for any reason?

Now, the default value for this variable is 300. I set it to -1 just to try it and it still says 225. When I set it to something high it comes back with 375. I guess they are only allowing for a range from 225-375? It's gonna be a bitch to seed servers now, huh?
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Idle Timeout

Post by FlyingMongoose »

Your best option is have a second PC running a mouse and keyboard randomizer so that you don't get kicked for idle (yeah it sucks).
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

This could be a bug or documentation mistake. I will report it to DICE.

The limit seems to change to 30-900 on unranked servers (ranked are 225-375 as you said).
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

So, I guess seeding our servers will not be possible unless we spawn our soldiers in, find a safe place not to get killed, and activate some sort of macro?
ImageImage
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Or use real players who are playing :).

On the upside, other servers will have the same restrictions, so it's a level playing field.
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

Edge100x wrote:Or use real players who are playing :).

On the upside, other servers will have the same restrictions, so it's a level playing field.
Maybe we could get a thread going about different communities from NFo helping each other out filling the servers.
Sorry
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sorry »

Yeah brings back good memories of being stuck in place in Bf3 and getting kicked in 5 minutes. Hopefully they don't stick with this setting. :roll:

http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =72&t=6215
NunyaClan
New to forums
New to forums

Post by NunyaClan »

We are looking into why the is is being strictly enforced by EA. Getting auto kicked for idle was always an option with all the BF series.

Will report back.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

NunyaClan wrote:We are looking into why the is is being strictly enforced by EA. Getting auto kicked for idle was always an option with all the BF series.

Will report back.
Sorry if I was mislead here but are you saying you're someone that carries a lot of weight when it comes to getting something like this changed?
ImageImage
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

Do you guys know if the idle time-out kick is also active during warm-up state when there's not enough players to start a game? I want to idle in my server to re-seed it after it crashes.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Tim, did you have your old BF3 servers since launch of that game? I am hoping getting the early player base will allow us to have a very small amount of people before servers fill up.

I know population is completely irrelevant at this stage of the game, but filling up our official CQ large was a matter of getting 4 people from the community playing and creeping up from there.
Not a NFO employee
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

wihgaming wrote:Do you guys know if the idle time-out kick is also active during warm-up state when there's not enough players to start a game? I want to idle in my server to re-seed it after it crashes.
I'm sure it is still active even then. Best way to check is to set it to the lowest value of 225 and just wait 3 minutes and 45 seconds to find out. I've gone ahead and set macros on my keyboards on my end to where my soldiers aren't idle kicked and it's working like a charm! :)
ImageImage
NunyaClan
New to forums
New to forums

Post by NunyaClan »

TimSad wrote:
NunyaClan wrote:We are looking into why the is is being strictly enforced by EA. Getting auto kicked for idle was always an option with all the BF series.

Will report back.
Sorry if I was mislead here but are you saying you're someone that carries a lot of weight when it comes to getting something like this changed?
no, what i said was I am going to find out why. We are just a clan we are not in anyway with EA or DICE.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

NunyaClan wrote:
TimSad wrote:

Will report back.
no, what i said was I am going to find out why. We are just a clan we are not in anyway with EA or DICE.
Okay, I see. Sorry!

soja, for us and BF3, well... We started when the game launched but went through a few different servers (not too many) so I don't know which ones were more original. This one, however, must've been about the 3rd or 4th one we've ever picked up and now it's our only BF3 server...

ImageImage