Normal, Custom, and Hardcore

Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Normal, Custom, and Hardcore

Post by Edge100x »

The "Infantry" and "Hardcore" presets are incompatible. That is, they have different lists of settings that overlap, and as a result, you can't run a server that is both Infantry and Hardcore at the same time.

Infantry requires vars.soldierHealth 100, for instance, and Hardcore requires vars.soldierHealth 59. So, if you have our daemon enforce Infantry mode, then you'll see vars.soldierHealth at 100 on the server.
10-78 Busterking
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by 10-78 Busterking »

Edge100x wrote:The "Infantry" and "Hardcore" presets are incompatible. That is, they have different lists of settings that overlap, and as a result, you can't run a server that is both Infantry and Hardcore at the same time.

Infantry requires vars.soldierHealth 100, for instance, and Hardcore requires vars.soldierHealth 59. So, if you have our daemon enforce Infantry mode, then you'll see vars.soldierHealth at 100 on the server.
So we need the tick mark off for your daemon enforce Infantry mode in order to have vars.soldierHealth 59? Wouldn't this mean that after a map change the vehicles will be back on again?

If so, we need a fix for this.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

10-78 Busterking wrote:So we need the tick mark off for your daemon enforce Infantry mode in order to have vars.soldierHealth 59?
No, as I said, using Infantry mode will cause vars.soldierHealth to be set to 100. It is a required setting for Infantry mode. If you use our checkbox to enforce Infantry mode, you'll have vars.preset Infantry executed on the server every 5 minutes, so if you try to change vars.soldierHealth to something else (and turn your server into a Custom one in the process), you will see it revert back to the correct setting within a few minutes.
10-78 Busterking
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by 10-78 Busterking »

Edge100x wrote:
10-78 Busterking wrote:So we need the tick mark off for your daemon enforce Infantry mode in order to have vars.soldierHealth 59?
No, as I said, using Infantry mode will cause vars.soldierHealth to be set to 100. It is a required setting for Infantry mode. If you use our checkbox to enforce Infantry mode, you'll have vars.preset Infantry executed on the server every 5 minutes, so if you try to change vars.soldierHealth to something else (and turn your server into a Custom one in the process), you will see it revert back to the correct setting within a few minutes.
John, can you make the request to allow us to play hardcore with Infantry mode, I don't see why there isn't an option for this.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I can ask. In the meantime, you can get the same effects by setting the variables individually -- but, this will make your server show as Custom.
Daslol
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Daslol »

FYI, I realized you cannot use vars.preset hardcore and use a custom ticket %. The ticket % is over written by the preset.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The R7 update appears to have fixed the game so that vars.preset is no longer needed, and our hacky workaround admin-daemon checkboxes are no longer needed (using the "Set normal / Set hardcore / Set infantry-only" options on the page now work as they should). I recommend unchecking the admin daemon override boxes if you are using them. I will likely remove them from the page in the future.
FourTwoFour
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FourTwoFour »

Edge100x wrote:The R7 update appears to have fixed the game so that vars.preset is no longer needed, and our hacky workaround admin-daemon checkboxes are no longer needed (using the "Set normal / Set hardcore / Set infantry-only" options on the page now work as they should). I recommend unchecking the admin daemon override boxes if you are using them. I will likely remove them from the page in the future.
Any idea why the ticket changes don't stick? I've set it to 1500 tickets (since the games end way too quickly) and it only works whenever it wants.
ADKGamers
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by ADKGamers »

So I appear to still be confused. Will changing things like tickets ever be considered "Normal". As a few of my servers have higher ticket counts to help with the 64 player count.
http://www.ADKGamers.com - =ADK= Multi Gaming Community
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Normal, Hardcore, and Infantry seem to require that "Tickets given" (vars.gameModeCounter) be set to the default value of 100. I don't know if this is intentional or a bug, but it was not documented to be this way.
FourTwoFour
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FourTwoFour »

Edge100x wrote:Normal, Hardcore, and Infantry seem to require that "Tickets given" (vars.gameModeCounter) be set to the default value of 100. I don't know if this is intentional or a bug, but it was not documented to be this way.
I managed to change it via procon and now it's working. Cheers
Ruger
A regular
A regular

Post by Ruger »

John, I unchecked normal and resubmitted the easy setup but getting the following error message:

vehicleSpawnDelay was blanked, because your value was invalid. It must be a percentage.

Did not mess with any other settings.
Spyderspartan
A regular
A regular

Post by Spyderspartan »

Ruger wrote:John, I unchecked normal and resubmitted the easy setup but getting the following error message:

vehicleSpawnDelay was blanked, because your value was invalid. It must be a percentage.

Did not mess with any other settings.
Getting the same error.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

That would have happened on Official servers, since the value gets ignored. I've removed the warning now.

With an Official server, you can only run in "Normal" mode.
mikedbom
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by mikedbom »

So is the an Official Hardcore option coming? My server is official and says hardcore, however it does not appear to be and some players have mentioned it is not hardcore. Not too big of a deal since the server is full but I do prefer the hardcore mode of play.