Control panel adaptive player size - black loading screen?

b0wzy
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Control panel adaptive player size - black loading screen?

Post by b0wzy »

I start my server with TDM 16 player to fill it up, I use the adaptive server size on the NFO control panel to boost up to 64. What I've been noticing recently is it will change the player count, battlelog reports multiple free spaces so it lets people join the server, but everyone gets a black load screen until the map rotates. In game it's locked at 16 players.

Anyone else notice this?
Sorry
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Control panel adaptive player size - black loading scree

Post by Sorry »

I think the command vars.maxPlayers has to be set at your max players inbetween rounds. The procon plugin https://forum.myrcon.com/showthread.php ... 14-12)-BF3 does this but I do not know if it works with BF4.
b0wzy
A regular
A regular

Post by b0wzy »

Yea... waiting for an updated version of that!
Sabn0ck
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Sabn0ck »

b0wzy wrote:I start my server with TDM 16 player to fill it up, I use the adaptive server size on the NFO control panel to boost up to 64. What I've been noticing recently is it will change the player count, battlelog reports multiple free spaces so it lets people join the server, but everyone gets a black load screen until the map rotates. In game it's locked at 16 players.

Anyone else notice this?
Wondering what the point of doing this in BF4 is?
Official Server Type is only way to get quick match joiners.
Changing player slots has nothing to do with it this time.
Zipperbag
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Zipperbag »

imho Sabn I believe some still use the expanded search to find a game to play. ie. 1) only you and a friend may search for a Server w only five openings (However BF4 appears to fill up quicker!)

2) A small group of friends may want to play in a somewhat smaller Server Basically hoping to improve the fun level based on the amt of effort per player for ex.

Bowzy Im no guru or anything, but Id suggest turning off adaptive size for a day. I would then consider using the default setting of eight minimum. Id really hope someone can help you, because I believe its a great feature.