Still CRASHING with R6 --> So SAD ---> Great GAME ---> BAD R

jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Still CRASHING with R6 --> So SAD ---> Great GAME ---> B

Post by jaythegreat1 »

Domination server has crashed.

Conquest server was rubber banding before I left, but it appears to not have crashed..... yet...
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

So far I have seen 0 crashes since R6 on our 4 servers.

Still too early to tell conclusively, but I really hope our crashing issues are out the window!
Not a NFO employee
[LoD]xCael
New to forums
New to forums

Post by [LoD]xCael »

Our 3 servers have been full and stable for 4 hours since R6 came out. Looking good so far.
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

Conquest crashed as well.
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
Colt
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Colt »

jaythegreat1 wrote:Conquest crashed as well.
Jay - your game tracker sig looks like an endorsement for George ""W"" bush ! Heheheheh
Draeger
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Draeger »

After bumping our 64player server down to 48players w/commanders, we've seen a substantial decrease in the frequency of crashes. The average crash rate we calcutated at 64p was around .62 crashes per hour. With 48p, we're seeing roughly around .22 crashes per hour. With this player count, we usually stay up around an average of 4-5 hours with no problems. The graph is alittle off today due to the forced crashes for both R5 and R6 fyi.

Take a look at the graph below, it shows the difference between 64p and 48p a bit. While you can't see the entire graph of 64p, it's enough for you to get the point. The graph is alittle off today due to the forced crashes for both R5 and R6 fyi. I'm hoping this new R6 patch at least extends the range of uptime. I'm still hesitant to up our player count back to 64p however, given how well 48p is working.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Draeger wrote:After bumping our 64player server down to 48players w/commanders, we've seen a substantial decrease in the frequency of crashes. The average crash rate we calcutated at 64p was around .62 crashes per hour. With 48p, we're seeing roughly around .22 crashes per hour. With this player count, we usually stay up around an average of 4-5 hours with no problems. The graph is alittle off today due to the forced crashes for both R5 and R6 fyi.

Take a look at the graph below, it shows the difference between 64p and 48p a bit. While you can't see the entire graph of 64p, it's enough for you to get the point. The graph is alittle off today due to the forced crashes for both R5 and R6 fyi. I'm hoping this new R6 patch at least extends the range of uptime. I'm still hesitant to up our player count back to 64p however, given how well 48p is working.
Without having access to your server via the control panel, any graphs you link are blank. Just heads up.
Not a NFO employee
Draeger
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Draeger »

soja wrote:
Draeger wrote:After bumping our 64player server down to 48players w/commanders, we've seen a substantial decrease in the frequency of crashes. The average crash rate we calcutated at 64p was around .62 crashes per hour. With 48p, we're seeing roughly around .22 crashes per hour. With this player count, we usually stay up around an average of 4-5 hours with no problems. The graph is alittle off today due to the forced crashes for both R5 and R6 fyi.

Without having access to your server via the control panel, any graphs you link are blank. Just heads up.
Bah, sorry about that. Slipped my mind while typing this and an email. Here's a link as well: http://i.imgur.com/WzGKi4H.png
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

Our 64/p server has seen far fewer crashes since R6 but rubberbanding and severe lag happened to us on MP_Journey and the laggy rubberbanding followed into the next map MP_Resort. I had to take the server down for a restart to get rid of the banding and lag all players were experiencing including me as I was in the server. MP_Siege is still causing a certain amount of players to freeze and disconnect from the server when the skyscraper just starts its levolution cycle to come down. For now the following maps have been removed from our rotation to stabilize the server:

MP_Journey --- sound issues and lagging/banding players
MP_Damage -- has sound and lag isssues
MP_ Siege -- for issues with Levolution on Skyscraper.

We have been up about 4 hours now and have one more map to go to complete a full 7 map cycle. I've kept MP_Naval and MP_Prison in our rotation. No doubt far better performance than we had with R4 and R5 but it's still far from optimal especially with having to remove three maps and restart servers when they start getting laggy.
Corruptor-CDN
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Corruptor-CDN »

Seems better but still had rubber banding on Lancang Dam which led to a prompt server crash. I have already tested Siege and it crashed too after this update when "C" building was taken down, so took it back out. Still have the sound issues. Not really seeing much improvement. Oh the Queuing seems to work now....
HowIChrgeLazer
A regular
A regular

Post by HowIChrgeLazer »

Our server just changed maps from Flood Zone to Dawnbreaker and it dumped everyone out of the server. It disappeared from Battlelog for a few moments and came back. Up time is still clocking (9hrs and 45 minutes), so it didn't seem like a crash.

Going to restart it to be on the safe side.
[RAGE CAGE] Gaming
Because video games FAIL at making you happy.
http://ragecagegaming.com/
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

Yesterday was better for us.
Other than that, I hope they focus on improving some of the maps and the rubber banding some of them cause
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

I lowered slots to 48 last night and we stayed up 9 hours before a crash. I had to take the server down twice to get rid of laggy/banding issues with players. I've pulled three maps out that have caused the most issues. So, indeed it's better but considering the crap that was the first few days we still have a long way to go to have a game that's playable on all the maps that were released with it. Clearly, BF4 was not ready for release nor were several of the borked maps that are causing issues. Once again we get to beta test a game that needed another month or so before it should have gone live. Clearly they got pushed to meet a deadline and get out the door before COD launched. I hope this week sees a client side patch because now that the server is running better many of us myself included are seeing more client side crashing/freezing, especially during map changes.
Kaaz
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Kaaz »

Rubber banding is worse now than it has been. Obviously some maps are worse than others, lancand dam and railway are pretty much unplayable.
HowIChrgeLazer
A regular
A regular

Post by HowIChrgeLazer »

Just about hit the 9 hour mark again before the server dumped all players but didn't "crash." Uptime was still ticking away on ProCon.

Restart fixed the issue.
[RAGE CAGE] Gaming
Because video games FAIL at making you happy.
http://ragecagegaming.com/