rapid burstfire

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Killallupeckers
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

rapid burstfire

Post by Killallupeckers »

what exactly is rapid burstfire hlguard has picked up some peolpe with that, is that a hack.
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

means people have burst fire scripts on their computer to help them shooting

its essentially a script that helps to shoot
-Nick
Killallupeckers
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

burst

so it is considered a hack.
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Re: burst

Post by Nick|NFo »

Killallupeckers wrote:so it is considered a hack.
In the minds of the coders of HLGuard and myself, yes its considered a hack because it gives you an advantage over the other players. Anything that gives you something over the other players should be considered a cheat/hack.
-Nick
LLLL
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by LLLL »

Nick|NFo wrote:
Killallupeckers wrote:so it is considered a hack.
In the minds of the coders of HLGuard and myself, yes its considered a hack because it gives you an advantage over the other players. Anything that gives you something over the other players should be considered a cheat/hack.
more of a cheat...well thats what i concider it..
Killallupeckers
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

thx

thx for the info people try to argue that they dont use it. and it is not a cheat but i think it is also just wanted to hear it from the pros.
bOoya
Former staff
Former staff

Post by bOoya »

Anything that gives you something over the other players should be considered a cheat/hack.
I dont agree with this, there are other things that give players an advantage over other players (better computers, experience etc.)
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

bOoya wrote:
Anything that gives you something over the other players should be considered a cheat/hack.
I dont agree with this, there are other things that give players an advantage over other players (better computers, experience etc.)
That would apply for any game out there regarding better computers and experience. You have a good point with 'anything', but I would call those external factors that goes towards giving a player an advantage, rather than an internal factor where a person is cheating/hacking on purpose. The other gamers can get the same computer the first gamer has or an even better computer, whereas its fair competition of the technology behind computers (budget allowing). People get new computers so their own game is better as well as graphics and audio and if that gives them an advantage, they deserve it. People also have to get new computers for the newest games that are published because their old one does not meet the requirements.

There are those gamers that choose not to hack, as they would like to gain skill in a game truthfully. Sadly, the community is not 100% for this cause. The community now loads up hacks to play against other hackers to make the game fair, which obviously increases the number of hackers in the game today. I have seen this in many public servers where there is a hacker and others toggle on to either piss him off or balance the gameplay.

Anything that that modifies the default game environment, giving you an advantage over another person is a cheat/hack. Let that be a program or a script with some illegal cvars (ie. source cvar to see through walls that was later corrected). When people cheat, its on purpose. They made the decision to cheat in a game. They loaded that anti recoil script or that headshot script onto their computer into their Steam Directory. Its a choice.
-Nick
Supernuker
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Supernuker »

some people will try to blame it on someone else, usally they are just making up some story and you shouldn't listen to them.
unneccesary
New to forums
New to forums

Post by unneccesary »

what you guys consider a cheat/hack can also be taken as a "modification" to the game. It should not be considered much different from any other "modification." Essentially, all it does, is change the users perspective.