BC2/BF3/MoH/MoHW admin daemon feedback

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

BC2/BF3/MoH/MoHW admin daemon feedback

Post by Edge100x »

We've added an admin daemon to our "Easy setup" page and consider it to be in beta right now. Please post any feedback (about any part of it not working, new features that might be needed, etc) here in this thread.
Last edited by Edge100x on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: The post previously talked about the need for PB-based banning and a customizable mapcycle. These have been implemented.
Mike Rowe
A regular
A regular

Re: Admin daemon feedback

Post by Mike Rowe »

Been using it and all the commands work well
Its a Dirty Job
QuikJ
New to forums
New to forums

Post by QuikJ »

I'm enjoying the functionality. Could you enable the %name% variable for the Message function on entry, just as how BC Guardian has it? Doesn't seem to work on my end.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

QuikJ wrote:I'm enjoying the functionality. Could you enable the %name% variable for the Message function on entry, just as how BC Guardian has it? Doesn't seem to work on my end.
Sure; I've added this now.
QuikJ
New to forums
New to forums

Post by QuikJ »

I have a rule set up for Message every 15 minutes. I believe the time is alot shorter than that. maybe around estimated 2-5 minutes
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

That's odd. I will try to check into that when I can.
deadissident
New to forums
New to forums

Post by deadissident »

This is an awesome tool. Thank You!

8ubbles
VaderX
New to forums
New to forums

Post by VaderX »

Ok I must be a complete tool, But I dont see where or how this it utilized or set up.
I have teh check box to turn on but thats it. I dont see where or how I am to add admins or the server messages.

Can someone give me the "Blah-blah for Dummies" manual?
jasonelmore
A regular
A regular

Post by jasonelmore »

Also, do we just type in the normal Rcon commands into chat? or do you have some sort of special command spec sheet?

Yeah, would love the ability to choose admins, dont want random pubs hearing about this and trying out commands on our servers, and griefing. This is IMO the first thing you need to fix.
jasonelmore
A regular
A regular

Post by jasonelmore »

Also, Does this (Beta Daemon Tool Activation) require a Server restart to go into effect? or will a map change do?
AfflictedMed
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by AfflictedMed »

couldnt get the admin.runNextLevel command to work in game.
j0rd0n420
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by j0rd0n420 »

AfflictedMed wrote:couldnt get the admin.runNextLevel command to work in game.
Did you type !nextmap in game after making yourself an admin?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

VaderX wrote:Ok I must be a complete tool, But I dont see where or how this it utilized or set up.
I have teh check box to turn on but thats it. I dont see where or how I am to add admins or the server messages.

Can someone give me the "Blah-blah for Dummies" manual?
After you check the box to enable it, it will show you two sections, that you can use to add admins and messages. Hovering your mouse over most things there will provide context-sensitive help.

If you don't have javascript enabled, make sure to turn that on -- the Easy setup page won't work right without it.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

jasonelmore wrote:Also, do we just type in the normal Rcon commands into chat? or do you have some sort of special command spec sheet?
The commands that you can type are all laid out on the Easy setup page there :).
Yeah, would love the ability to choose admins, dont want random pubs hearing about this and trying out commands on our servers, and griefing. This is IMO the first thing you need to fix.
I'm not sure what you mean. Choosing admins is fundamental to how it works and needs to be the first thing that you do. Anyone who is not an admin will be blocked from using any commands (though they can still trigger on_chat messages)
Also, Does this (Beta Daemon Tool Activation) require a Server restart to go into effect? or will a map change do?
Neither is needed. It takes effect automatically after about 30 seconds.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

AfflictedMed wrote:couldnt get the admin.runNextLevel command to work in game.
You could do this with !rcon admin.runNextLevel, but the shortcut is just to use !nextlevel or !nextmap, so I recommend doing that. You can also assign admins to have just this permission specifically.