Mail Redirection

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Mail Redirection

Post by rustydusty1717 »

Hey all, just needed some questions answered before I move my hosting around. Basically I want to use my shared hosting here to run my domain, however I want mail.dkonsmo.ca to redirect to my static IP for my mail server I run myself. I also would like all mail for that domain to redirect to my static IP. Need to know I'll be able to do this through the control panel before going through with this.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Mail Redirection

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, you can set your own mail server(s) through the Domains page. Click the down arrow for advanced options, and you will see the option for this.
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

Would I be able to get a screenshot or something of all the available options? Never had a shared hosting account with NFO, just a few VDS's :roll: ./
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

There isn't a screenshot available, but it has anything you could want. There are places to enter CNAME and A entries, and custom MX records on a per-subdomain basis. The number of subdomains is also unlimited.
TimeX
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

Awesome, well that's all I need. Now to see what's the easier registrar these days. I have go daddy, as it has 100 pages of crap to go through.
GitSum
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by GitSum »

This is how we have it set up using google apps
gmail.jpg
gmail.jpg (91.57 KiB) Viewed 1937 times
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

Anyone suggest a registrar that's simple and effective? Looks like the domain I want IS available, so just need to find a simple solution. I was considering Godaddy until I remembered the numerous pages of useless crap you have to go through to purchase a domain.