Questions for NFO

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Questions for NFO

Post by woowoo »

We currently use another provider and I am researching my options for an RSP for BF3. We are looking to rent two servers for BF3 - a 64 slot and a 32 slot.

A few questions about NFO:
1. What are your support hours?
2. On the control panel, can I setup multiple admins? Can I setup admins with differing levels of control (e.g. only can restart server)?
3. In your description of network locations you describe "value" and "premium" locations. On the network location options only one is labeled as premium (Seattle) - the rest are labeled as internap - are these the "value" locations?
4. Where is the company and support team located?
5. Let say I preorder BF3 and take advantage of the 10% discount for 3 month prepay but then I'm unhappy with the service and want to cancel. Would I get a refund for the 3 month prepay?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Questions for NFO

Post by Edge100x »

woowoo wrote:1. What are your support hours?
Currently, 8am to midnight PDT: https://www.nfoservers.com/contactus.php
2. On the control panel, can I setup multiple admins? Can I setup admins with differing levels of control (e.g. only can restart server)?
Yes, and to a certain extent yes. Restrictions are done according to which control panel pages you want each admin to be able to see.
3. In your description of network locations you describe "value" and "premium" locations. On the network location options only one is labeled as premium (Seattle) - the rest are labeled as internap - are these the "value" locations?
We don't currently have any Value locations.
4. Where is the company and support team located?
We are a California corporation. Support team members are located across the US.
5. Let say I preorder BF3 and take advantage of the 10% discount for 3 month prepay but then I'm unhappy with the service and want to cancel. Would I get a refund for the 3 month prepay?
We do not offer refunds, so I recommend against using a longer payment term until you have tested it for a month on the regular plan and are satisfied by the server.

If you aren't fully satisfied, at any time, make sure to contact us so that we can work with you to address your concerns. We are proud to offer the best customer support available, as well as the highest performance available (guaranteed).
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

I've used NFo for 5 plus years. They hosted bfbc2 ranked servers for me over the years and counter strike source servers too.
They use the best hardware in the industry and constantly upgrade things.
Server performance has been stellar compared to other gsp's.
You will be surprised on how good they are.
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

@ Edge -
Thanks for responses to your questions.

If I had some other questions and wanted to contact you directly (off the forums) what would be the best way?
GitSum
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by GitSum »

I had a question that was web site related on Labor Day - and John (Edge100x) responded personally

I don't think you will find better customer support anywhere else...
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

woowoo, please email support@nfoservers.com to connect us directly.
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

Thanks for all of the information.

One other question - on BF3 it is anticpated that a constantly connected RCON program will be required - just as most BC2 servers run with ProCon today.

Does or will NFO run a hosted ProCon for use with BF3?

As background - ProCon is being renamed to MyRcon and will support BF3.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We will likely have our admin daemon available, possibly with some additional features, and customers will be welcome to connect their own 3rd party rcon clients. As far as whether we will host Procon (or whatever they change it to) directly, I doubt it, but I will look into it.

You don't need a daemon running all the time, strictly speaking. You can still admin the server using one of these clients from outside, on-demand.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Supporting Procon has been on Johns to do list but at the moment we do not support it.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

We've pre-ordered a 64 slot server for San Jose. :D

Thanks for answering our questions.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Thanks for choosing NFO :)
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Heya, woowoo! I'm sure you recognize me from multiple server administration sites as I do you. I'm telling you now, you will not regret going with NFO. Of all the providers I've tried out, I've finally settled with NFO. Excellent performance and support. :)
kraze wrote:Supporting Procon has been on Johns to do list but at the moment we do not support it.
Yeah, you guys should highly consider it. Phogue and team are working really hard on this Procon. They are working on Procon 2 right now and it will have support for a good variety of game servers.

I really do see this, in the future, as being the main admin tool used by everyone that owns a game server that it ends up supporting. I've been having my Procon Layer service provided by PT but for BF3 I'm trying to decide whether to go with PT or LPGS. I really hope you guys end up being able to host it here. :)
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Yeah, you guys should highly consider it. Phogue and team are working really hard on this Procon. They are working on Procon 2 right now and it will have support for a good variety of game servers.
Yes, as I said John is going to add support for this but he has just been swamped with emergencies to handle.

I am not sure if John has made any progress on this but as soon as he gets a free day or two I am sure he will invest a lot of time in it.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

kraze wrote:
Yes, as I said John is going to add support for this but he has just been swamped with emergencies to handle.

I am not sure if John has made any progress on this but as soon as he gets a free day or two I am sure he will invest a lot of time in it.
Alrighty! Nice! :)

Oh! I've figure out why my post count was staying at 2 that one time and is now only at 5 rather than 9. Apparently posts made in the "News" section don't count toward your post count.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

TimSad wrote:Heya, woowoo! I'm sure you recognize me from multiple server administration sites as I do you. I'm telling you now, you will not regret going with NFO. Of all the providers I've tried out, I've finally settled with NFO. Excellent performance and support. :)
Good to see you! We've only been with the "other" guys since CoD2 first came out - so its a big deal for us to switch. Glad to hear you're happy with NFO.

Regarding Phogue / Procon. He's laid out his product map at http://phogue.net/ - he is developing Procon 2 (aka MyRcon) specifically to be hosted by GSPs. Here's the roadmap: