No Players Joining...

TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

No Players Joining...

Post by TimSad »

Okay, all day, my clan and I have been trying to get our server going. There is about 8 of us on and all that is joining are players that are on our friends list on Battlelog.

I have been able to filter our name and the server comes up but I'm thinking that it won't come up for people that are naturally browsing servers.

Today, I started it off as a Custom server, meaning I had variables set to where it would show up as a "Custom" preset. I put "SoC" in the name filter and had Custom ticked and it showed up. Since hardly any players had joined in an hour or so, I put the variables to where it would show up under the "Normal" preset. Another hour or so went by so I decided to try setting the variables to where it would work for people that use Quickmatch... Still, no luck! Nobody is joining!

So, even though I am able to filter the server by name, I'm wondering if the server actually comes up for people naturally browsing servers or not.

Now, I would think that 8 players would be a good number of players to get the server primed to take off with population! I'm wondering if anyone else here is experiencing these same woes as I am. If I can hardly ever get my server full or if it continues to be this difficult to get any sort of a population, I don't think that keeping the server is justifiable. :( Hopefully this is just a temporary road bump and something to do with the EA backend or such...
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: No Players Joining...

Post by Edge100x »

It sounds like matchmaking isn't funneling people your way. Have you tried changing the pingsite? Did you reduce the number of players required to end the preround (which would pull you out of matchmaking)?
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Edge100x wrote:It sounds like matchmaking isn't funneling people your way. Have you tried changing the pingsite? Did you reduce the number of players required to end the preround (which would pull you out of matchmaking)?
I had vars.roundStartPlayerCount set to 2 at first then after hours of no one joining I put it back to 8 and vars.roundRestartPlayerCount from 1 back to 4 in attempt to bring Quickmatch players in but that yielded nothing! Still, no one was joining. :(

Also, I am aware there are currently problems with the login server right now but I don't think there was earlier as far as I know.
ImageImage
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Okay, so right now, I just ticked the "Normal" preset box and hit "Refresh List." As you scroll down, it loads more servers but stops after 150 servers (Yes, I counted them). My server did not show up in the collection of 150 servers which really pisses me off. Why doesn't it find and load all the servers into the list? Now we have no chance at maintaining a good population unless it decides to put us in that list of 150 servers for ever user browsing for servers. I hope they fix that crap.
ImageImage
Mycologist
A regular
A regular

Post by Mycologist »

For some reason the NFO panel has vehicles disabled by default, make sure they're also enabled.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Mycologist wrote:For some reason the NFO panel has vehicles disabled by default, make sure they're also enabled.
Yeah, I've got all the variables just how I need em. :) Thanks!

Update: It looks like the same is true if there are absolutely no filters set. It only returns 150 servers. As of now, some people are finally making their way into our server so it looks like it'll show some people 1 set of 150 servers while it shows other people a completely different set of 150 servers. Or, these people could be using Quickmatch to make their way into our server as I have all the variables set for matchmaking ability.
ImageImage
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

From what I've been told, the order of the servers shown is random. It is likely either different for everyone, or changes from moment-to-moment.
=S= Corruptor
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by =S= Corruptor »

I agree... this is absolute crap. This HAS to work or there is no point renting a 64 player server. We are also sitting there with 6-7 players and no one joins because they dont see us. Disappointed is an understatement.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

There's certainly a random element to it.

We're keeping track of what we know about filling up servers in this post: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =70&t=5931
Ironman44
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Ironman44 »

We have a 64 and 32 man server. Yesterday we had both servers in a custom settings. Much like the Hardcore settings in BC2. We put 18 people in our 64 man servers and didnt get but 3 or 4 pubs to join. Today i set the servers up to the Hardcore presets and both servers are full. I would stay away from any settings that put you in the custom preset
GitSum
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by GitSum »

We have been fortunate so far that are server has been almost completely full, even from the get go. We have had a number of server crashes, and each time I hold my breath - but we have been able to get re-populated again rather quickly

I posted this in another thread, here it is again, the setting we are currently using. For PingSite it lists Southern US

Yellow highlighted areas effect hardcore mode
HardcoreMode.jpg
HardcoreMode.jpg (149.26 KiB) Viewed 3816 times
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

DAMNIT! I had my server up to 55 players and it crashed all the clients! This needs to be fixed! How are other servers seeming to keep all of its clients longer than mine does? :(
ImageImage
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

I'll keep my Rcon apps off to see if it resolves the crashing.

Looks like Quickmatch just randomly decides not to work for some servers. And the server listings are still messed up for select servers such as mine. Can you guys please pass this info on to DICE? If they aren't aware, then nothing will be done about it and then there's no sense in me keeping this server.
ImageImage
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I do my best to report bugs and limitations in the game to DICE and and reported this to DICE earlier. Other RSPs have been passing on complaints from their customers about the browser and quickmatch, too, so DICE is definitely aware. They are also aware of the crashing bugs (some of which should may be fixed in R5 -- if you're not running that, I recommend having us apply it), vars.crossHair bug, issues with PB, issues with rcon, need for a "say" command that goes directly to clients, and dissatisfaction about the startplayers.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Awesome! Thanks for informing me! :)
ImageImage