black loading screen of death

.Strafe
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

black loading screen of death

Post by .Strafe »

well since this seems to be the common issue at the moment, lets discuss ... we are completely cut off from our servers right now, cant connect at all even with every possible "extension" turned off ...

is anyone else experiencing the black screen issue and not being able to connect to their servers? ...
zaNe
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Re: black loading screen of death

Post by zaNe »

This is easily remedied by two ways;

1. Stop your server. Let it sit for about 3 minutes, than Start your server.

2. If this is occurring in the middle of a game that has been running smoothly, this will keel over on the next map. Players will be able to do join teams fine, no more infinite load screens. You can force the next map by using ProCon or by using !nextmap command in the Admin Daemon.

I think this is more of an issue with the new Origin patch that released yesterday, as the problem only seemed to start to become an actual PROBLEM, as of yesterday, after we were forced an update by Origin.
.Strafe
A regular
A regular

Post by .Strafe »

thanks zane ...

we tried this and we still have nothing. not one person can connect to the server even though it shows completely empty and running in the "browser."

any other ideas?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

This one's a bug in the game that is supposed to be fixed by the next server update. A restart should bring a server back to a working state right now, though.
zaNe
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by zaNe »

.Strafe wrote:thanks zane ...

we tried this and we still have nothing. not one person can connect to the server even though it shows completely empty and running in the "browser."

any other ideas?
Im having this occur to me lots today. Sometimes it remedies itself, other times not so much. I've tried several restarts. I've tried re-loading or changing the map. Nothing fixes this it seems.

This seems to be a "new" bug that appeared after that mandatory Origin update >_<
globel
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by globel »

i swear they are silently updating battlelog all the time... Its like there beta testing there live site..... Holy Cow.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

globel, they definitely are; no question about it!
JBigsby
New to forums
New to forums

Post by JBigsby »

This is from the game loosing a player from dropping and returning game to
"pre-game status".
zaNe
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by zaNe »

Ive had this issue persist on my server for the past 3 days. I get to a certain amount of players, and then no more can join, the rest are stuck within a black loading screen.

This occurs whether or not we're using the autoadjuster, so I'd say its safe to assume that it's not the culprit here.

Still trying to investigate more on this. It's really frustrating trying to get into my own server only to see an infinite loading screen. Even more frustrating knowing that its happening to random players joining as well!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

As far as I know, JBigsby is right about the cause. It has something to do with the player count dropping back below the preround #, causing the preround to be triggered. I believe it only happens with CQ modes.