unmanage vds help

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Freakgood
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

unmanage vds help

Post by Freakgood »

So im completly lost when it comes to this vds.. so i manage to install the os and log in to the vds but i have no idea how to make 3 servers on the server nor how to set everything up... plz help...
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: unmanage vds help

Post by Edge100x »

Have you read our setup guides at http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=67? These are a good place to start. You are also welcome to ask questions here, but please be specific about what task you are having difficulty with.
Freakgood
A regular
A regular

Post by Freakgood »

Edge100x wrote:Have you read our setup guides at http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=67? These are a good place to start. You are also welcome to ask questions here, but please be specific about what task you are having difficulty with.
Well first off a menu that says manage your server .. and some big menu to pick from ...?
Freakgood
A regular
A regular

Post by Freakgood »

Freakgood wrote:
Edge100x wrote:Have you read our setup guides at http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=67? These are a good place to start. You are also welcome to ask questions here, but please be specific about what task you are having difficulty with.
Well first off a menu that says manage your server .. and some big menu to pick from ...?
secound im doing step by step to install a cs 1.6 server but the C:\Game installs\hldsbase doesnt appear anywhere?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Freakgood wrote:Well first off a menu that says manage your server .. and some big menu to pick from ...?
For this sort of thing, you should go with a managed VDS. It will not be this easy with an unmanaged one.
secound im doing step by step to install a cs 1.6 server but the C:\Game installs\hldsbase doesnt appear anywhere?
Did you remember to have the system install it when you installed the OS on your VDS? If not, you will need to download the files through hldsupdatetool.

CS 1.6 is an old and ridiculously popular game, so you're in luck -- there are a massive number of guides out there on how to set up game servers. If ours doesn't make sense to you, there are many more to choose from, as well :).
Freakgood
A regular
A regular

Post by Freakgood »

well i would go with a manage vds but seens the DayZ isnt something u guys can offer yeat then i have to learn how to master the vds... what i want on the vds is 3 server 1 DayZ and 2 hl2dm servers.. and maybe a cs 1.6 server
{{Classic}}
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by {{Classic}} »

Freakgood wrote:well i would go with a manage vds but seens the DayZ isnt something u guys can offer yeat then i have to learn how to master the vds... what i want on the vds is 3 server 1 DayZ and 2 hl2dm servers.. and maybe a cs 1.6 server
Sorry, not to hi-jack or anything, but offering DayZ wouldn't be very practical, and although I haven't looked into it yet, I doubt you'll find any, or if you do find some, probably not very many, hosts which will provide managed DayZ servers.

It's still a relatively new mod, and plus, its still in Alpha stages with lots of bugs, and updates very very frequently... but don't worry, with a lil' bit of reading, you'll have fun setting it up on an unmanaged VDS. ;)