Another VDS Package Question

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Danz0
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Another VDS Package Question

Post by Danz0 »

So basically I’m looking to order an vds package for CS:GO Only and was wondering what package do you guys think would best suits my needs for smooth stable gameplay I was planning to have it set to manage game server only vds as for the amount of servers/ slots I was planning to have 2-3 public servers all 30 slots and 1-2 12 priv slots as for plugins per server as min as possible. And for initial os what you guys recommend for cs:go windows or linux to get a high tickrate. I appreciate you guys feedback in advance and hope to see you guys in game xD

- Danz
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Another VDS Package Question

Post by Edge100x »

I would recommend that you start with the base 3-HT-core configuration and upgrade it later if it turns out that you need more power (you may not). Either Linux or Windows should work, but since CS:GO uses an old version of the game engine from before they made improvements to the code that helped Linux performance, Windows would offer lower overhead and may be the better choice overall for a VDS.