Folders Not Deleting

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
WoLF
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Folders Not Deleting

Post by WoLF »

Howdy. Since I've had no luck installing the PHP-NUKE onto the webspace, I decided to delete all the folders off the site, and start anew. However, I am unable to delete a lot of the files, even though they are completely empty. I can't do it though an FTP program, nor through my browser.

Error Message:

"An error occurred deleting the file or folder on the FTP Server. Make sure you have permission to access this folder.

Details:
550 admin: Directory not empty"

It says they're not empty, but they are. Even so, I was able to delete folders that weren't empty before. I get that error on every folder I try to delete. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

They're most likely not empty. Any files starting with a period . are not generally visible through the FTP, including .htaccess files.

You could use an FTP client designed to show those files, or you could email us and I'll delete them for you.
UnArMeD_ARMY
A regular
A regular

Post by UnArMeD_ARMY »

nfo ever considered hosting cpanel/whm? you got the bandwidth/hardware for great hosting
http://www.cpanel.net/
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

No, but I just considered it now and I think we'd prefer to find a less costly solution to service our free hosting :(
UnArMeD_ARMY
A regular
A regular

Post by UnArMeD_ARMY »

start a Webhosting business possibly? I mean with your kinda servers and bandwidth... 8O what would stop you from being the best?
Last edited by UnArMeD_ARMY on Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnArMeD_ARMY
A regular
A regular

Post by UnArMeD_ARMY »

edge says cpanel/whm is costly so nfo would probably lose money so you could start a whole other business instead of just gameservers... website hosting 8) All the other cpanel host have medicore servers (like single durons) and bandwidth isnt to great. NFO on the other hand has great servers and great bandwidth. Might be concerned about technical support staff and all but cpanel has come along way not a lot of bugs
bOoya
Former staff
Former staff

cpanel hosts

Post by bOoya »

my website host uses cPanel 8.5.3, cheap prices, blazing speed, and "Quad Intel Xeon 3.0GHz processors with 4GB Ram and 10k RPM hard drives"

... can you say 'wow'?

pmme here or in irc and ill give you the link.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If we do get into paid webhosting, we'd go whole hog and do it right.

And we'd use Opterons instead of just Xeons ;)
UnArMeD_ARMY
A regular
A regular

Post by UnArMeD_ARMY »

wewt :D