de_vagas?

[TAR]FRONTLINE{Ldr}
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

de_vagas?

Post by [TAR]FRONTLINE{Ldr} »

Hey all, all new commers to my server always have to download the de_vagas file..i was wondering why, i do not have de_vagas map in my map cycle...and i have never uploaded it to the server. So maybe this is somthing wrong...can anyone help?
-[TAR]FRONTLINE{Ldr}
-=Team Against Recoil=-
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

This happened before when people ran fy_iceworld. Are you running fy_iceworld?
[TAR]FRONTLINE{Ldr}
New to forums
New to forums

Post by [TAR]FRONTLINE{Ldr} »

yes, its not in map cycle but it is uploaded onto the server
-[TAR]FRONTLINE{Ldr}
-=Team Against Recoil=-
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Try deleting it and see if that fixes the problem. We used to have it in the default installation but we took it out for exactly this reason.
|dC|2bit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by |dC|2bit »

Why would it require you dl the file unless you have .res file saying you need it?
bOoya
Former staff
Former staff

Post by bOoya »

only thing i can think of is the de_vegas.wad, its a texture file that is used for map making, but you usually dont have to download it unless the map builder compiled incorrectly :?
|dC|2bit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by |dC|2bit »

Iceworld requires it and Valve did not inluded it thier steam release(s). Usually people have issues dling de_vagas wad which you just need to create a .res file, not the other way around.
oreo
New to forums
New to forums

Post by oreo »

its not fy_iceworld its HLGuard if you run

// Filescans
//hlg_uafilelist addons/hlguard/config/%M/hlg_filelist_net.uafile //

in your addons/hlguard/config/hlg_net.cfg file

i had the same issues with my server and i remove that line and it stop i may be wrong but thats what i did when deleteing fy_iceworld didnt work 8)
aBstracT
Staff
Staff

Post by aBstracT »

Again...

|dC|2bit wrote:Iceworld requires it and Valve did not inluded it thier steam release(s). Usually people have issues dling de_vagas wad which you just need to create a .res file, not the other way around.
|dC|2bit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by |dC|2bit »

It looks like that line looks for a list of file that needs to be installed or it check the map for dependent maps. If its the former then editing the file to exclude de_vegas.wad whould do the trick, if its the latter remove iceworld from the server.

I have never seen this behavior before. If you can get us the ip so we can look into this and test it and may be develop a work around.
Black Exodus
New to forums
New to forums

de_vegas.wad

Post by Black Exodus »

When the map was made, (fy_iceworld) the author used the de_vegas.wad as a texture source, and when he compiled the map he did not use the "nowad" command meaning that the map will reqire that the wad file exist on any sustem wishing to run the map. It has little or nothing to do with the res file and has everything to do with the way the hl engine checks for needed resources ie the de_vegas.wad.

If you want to run this map on your server then you will have to have the de_vegas.wad file uploaded into the root dir of your game server. (remember that this means that everyone joining will have to download it from you) it's best just to not use the map and maybe even upload an alternative map that does not use a wad file.
Where there's a Bill there's a way :)