Keeping a cfg on

LordofEchoSide
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Keeping a cfg on

Post by LordofEchoSide »

I was wondering how do I keep a certain cfg file on. I use the command rcon servercfgfile "cal.cfg" but when I change maps it goes back to the default cfg. I'm probably overlooking something simple.
crab
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by crab »

you could edit your server.cfg to be the same as cal.cfg but I wouldn't recommend it. A better idea is to just bind a key to cal.cfg, for example:

bind "F6" "rcon exec cal.cfg"

Other teams, when scrimming in your server, will like to see that cal.cfg has been exec'd too.
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

crab wrote:you could edit your server.cfg to be the same as cal.cfg but I wouldn't recommend it. A better idea is to just bind a key to cal.cfg, for example:

bind "F6" "rcon exec cal.cfg"

Other teams, when scrimming in your server, will like to see that cal.cfg has been exec'd too.
I agree with crab, but just make sure that you already entered rcon_password "yourpass" or you will get banned if you hit the F6 key 3 times before entering a pass.
-Nick
bOoya
Former staff
Former staff

Post by bOoya »

or you can change your autexec.cfg to say cal.cfg instead of server.cfg
right?
|dC|2bit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by |dC|2bit »

You could. better Idea would be putting exec cal.cfg at the end of the server.cfg. You some of the stuff in the server.cfg.
LordofEchoSide
New to forums
New to forums

Post by LordofEchoSide »

thanks for the responses. I think I figured it out, there was a line in the server.cfg that said mapchangecfgfile "server.cfg" so I changed it to cal.cfg and its all good now 8)
|dC|2bit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by |dC|2bit »

Umm....No. Please change that back. You need that, I can't rember the reason.

Please, just add a line after that saying "exec cal.cfg".

Im trying to remeber what that line is for, in theory what you did should work, but in the long run it may foul somthing up.

Are you running AMX or AdminMod? Or is this just a server for scrims and matches?
LordofEchoSide
New to forums
New to forums

Post by LordofEchoSide »

we had AMX on but I believe I disabled it by deleting it from the plugins.ini in the metamod folder. it's a server for scrim/matches. if you can figure why I need that line back that would be good because so far I've had no problems.
|dC|2bit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by |dC|2bit »

I belive its part of Adminmod, but i could be wrong on that. I will have to do more research, im at work now and adminmod.org is restricted; My company does not like gaming sites.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

You need to use mapchangecfgfile instead of servercfgfile, as you said, in your original rcon command. I'd recommend not changing it in server.cfg so that restarting your server resets it to the standard one.