Stats me and PS

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
vindictiveRR
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Stats me and PS

Post by vindictiveRR »

Do statsme and psychostats read the same? I ask because on my Ps, im ranked like 14 or 15, and when i /rank in game, it says like 339 of 345. Now, i know Ps uses skill bonus and other things to calculate a score, and then it ranks by that. I just didnt think that it would be this different.,lol.
bOoya
Former staff
Former staff

Post by bOoya »

your PS will detect your SteamID so every name you use will contribute to your overall ranking. Statsme by default does not track by SteamID, but rather by name, so changing your name is like introducing a new player and it resets your rank. You can make statsme detect 'authid' by changing a simple setting near the top of your
  • addons/statsme/statsme.cfg file
im not to sure if this acutally works because ive never tried it, but there ya go.
|dC|2bit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by |dC|2bit »

Also PS uses an equation based on who killed you and whom you have killed. PS is essentialy a big ladder that if you kill someone that has a better kill:death ratio the kill is worth more to your stats then someone with a 1:10 k:d ratio. Also it figure in awards and those will afftect your rank as well.
vindictiveRR
A regular
A regular

Post by vindictiveRR »

Thanks alot, im going to reset my stats me, i think. and then start over using steam ids.