Rare Map Loading Issue

TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Rare Map Loading Issue

Post by TimSad »

I've seen this happen a few times for our servers... It would be changing over to the next map and for the longest time it would still be stuck on the map it just played and puts all the players on a black screen for the entire time that the server is taking to load up the next map. During this, I see a lot of players disconnecting and a lot of players connecting. Finally, after about 3 to 4 minutes, the server has the map completely loaded and lets the players in. Has anyone else come across this yet?
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Draeger
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Rare Map Loading Issue

Post by Draeger »

Actually this problem occurred for the first time today on our Mixed-Mode server. It was trying to change to a Rush-Flood Zone and did exactly what you said. However, instead of waiting the 3-4 minutes I just gave it a restart and asked the players to rejoin. But it did hang for roughly 3 minutes before I stepped in.
ElmoPio
A regular
A regular

Post by ElmoPio »

Yes. This has been happening after every third or forth map loads on all of my servers. Some make it in some don't and I think the map is in a memory loop.
ElmoPio
A regular
A regular

Post by ElmoPio »

Tim I am watching this now again and so is everyone else trying to get into my CQ server. I exited the game and rejoined. Now it is sitting on a black screen with 3 marks going up. And I am not the only one I am watching people trying to join the server but they are sitting in neutral section of procon and the teams are solid at 25 each. Now I did up my slots to test this morning. I wonder if that matters. The server is on Rogue. Waiting for the map to change if it makes a difference.

Edit:It just let everyone in at the end of the map. Strange
Colt
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Colt »

I had this issue the other day - it happened when I messed with the auto population setting in easy setup.

We had 12 people in the server that were black screened - the next map change fixed it. I then turned the auto join thing off.

Hope this helps
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I do not recommend using the automatic adjuster if you are not running a Conquest mode, as our system isn't told the number of tickets remaining and can't tell when the round is almost over, so that it can raise the number of players back to the full amount. When the number of players is less than the full amount as a round starts, it seems to cause strange problems.
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

I run TDM and been having issues time to time. Also note, I do not use auto slot adjuster.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

I just came across this issue again on my Conquest server but this time I had to restart the server as it never really loaded the next map.

At first it was getting laggy on Hainan Resort so one of my admins ran a !nextlevel (which sets the next map as next round then sends mapList.runNextRound) command to see if it would clear up and that's when everyone's screens went and stayed on the black loading screen. But instead of actually loading the next map, the server stayed on Hainan Resort and players were able to rejoin and get into the map and see some players on one of the teams have retained their scores (probably players that didn't exit game just yet still on the black screen).

I tried running another map but the server would not budge upon doing so. It just stayed on Hainan Resort. So, I guess we'll definitely be staying away from the mapList.runNextRound command for now but I suggest you guys pass this along to DICE. Thanks! :)
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage