Support: Renegade X

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
Abdul
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Support: Renegade X

Post by Abdul »

Game Name: Renegade X
Release Date: February 26th, 2014
Renegade X is a First/Third Person Shooter with RTS elements. Players will be able to fight for two unique teams, manage their own economies, choose from over 30 weapons, 15 vehicles, and call in nuclear strikes, Ion Cannons, and airstrikes, and much more. Renegade X is for all players - lone wolves, team-based gamers, tankers, snipers, rushers, turtlers, and all others!
Please see this thread for more information and screenshots. It is currently not on Steam, but hopefully it will be.

Any chance we can get support for this with NFO?
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Support: Renegade X

Post by TacTicToe »

Hmmm looks interesting. Downloading now. Hopefully there is a stand alone server as well. If there is, it will be going up on our box, for testing if nothing else. 8)
Abdul
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Abdul »

The game is standalone. It used to be a Mod but it is now Standalone (just like how Day Z was).

We (communities) can also run servers - but you have to apply on their forums to get the server password (I've managed to get in) - I'm not sure why you have to apply, but it could be because the release date is for the Beta (I could be wrong).
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Yep, I saw that and filled out an app in the forums. Weird if you ask me, seems to be a Rust/DayZ bad trend starting.

How long did it take for you to get a reply for getting the server software?
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Ok, have a server online. For some reason you can't set it to less than 64 players it seems. Probably a bug. Once game is running, it starts off at a nice 800 megs of RAM empty, then slowly goes up from there. Would seem to need some major optimizing and has a possible memory leak.

Game looks like it will be a ton of fun. NFO might want to seriously consider getting this one on the offer page, once it is out of beta. :)