Help please!

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
gustavomak
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Help please!

Post by gustavomak »

How can I change my OS from Windows Server 2012 R2 to Windows 8? I downloaded an .iso file of Windows 8 but I don't know where to go, I've been trying it for hours, please help!
gustavomak
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Help please!

Post by gustavomak »

This is the error I'm getting when I try to open my game
Connecting to Account Server...
Connecting (200.229.50.3:6900)... couldn't connect: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. (error code 10060)
rymax99
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rymax99 »

200.229.50.3 isn't even a NFO IP. Not sure what you're meaning here, please explain more in depth/clearly, your second post isn't making sense.
gustavomak
New to forums
New to forums

Post by gustavomak »

Thank you for answering!

I'm trying to open a bot for Ragnarok Online MMORPG game, its named Openkore, I open the bot with no problems on my computer using Windows 8, that's why I thought changing the OS would make it work, because I'm opening the exact same way and my server has the same files my computer does to open the bot.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We are not allowed by Microsoft to run Windows 8 here (nor is any dedicated server or virtual server host). We do, however, support Windows 2012 R2, which is essentially the same thing, but with extra server components. Any application that runs on Windows 8 should also run on Windows 2012 R2.

I'm not familiar with your software, but you should double-check its dependencies and make sure that you have all of them. For instance, if it requires a specific version of .NET or the Microsoft VC++ redist, then you'll need to install that. Make sure that it also does not require a 3D accelerator card.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

also make sure the program is allowed through windows firewall, and that the IP is accessible from your VDS(you could try pinging it, or running a traceroute).
Not a NFO employee