Bandwidth

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
reecejeffery
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Bandwidth

Post by reecejeffery »

Hi guys,
I just ordered a VPS for my arma2 server. Is there a way that stops my bandwidth going over the base amount or does it stop after hitting the base amount?
Regards,
Reece
Spray
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Bandwidth

Post by Spray »

We don't have any systems in place to throttle users who go over the allotted bandwidth. You'll want to monitor the bandwidth usage inside of your control panel to ensure you will not run over. As this is an unmanaged VDS, you could also install bandwidth monitoring software inside of the OS to give a rough estimate of what you're using, and configure more advanced options for triggers at certain usage levels.

With our recent increase in base bandwidth and the extra 50% we include with the spring sale that we currently have running, it's highly unlikely you would go over with legitimate use.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Bandwidth

Post by soja »

If you go over your packages bandwidth, you will be charged at the end of your billing cycle for the amount you went over. The overage cost is only 2 cents/GB.

Like Spray said, with the amount of bandwidth NFO is offering now with their VDS's, it is highly unlikely you will run out of bandwidth before running out of CPU/memory with game servers.
Not a NFO employee